PSA - Supro Hampton and Westbury

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MikeSRC, Jul 6, 2018.

1. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Member

Last year Supro had a great sale on their 2020 Westbury(2 pickup) and 2030 Hampton(3 pickup) models. It's back now at Sam Ash with the 2030 at $399.99 (Flame-top or Black).

https://www.samash.com/electric-and...hampton-flame-top-electric-guitar-s2030tsxx-p

https://www.samash.com/2030-hampton-electric-guitar-jet-black-s2030jbxx-p

You can also get a 2020 in black or white for $329.99 or a flame-top for $399.99.

https://www.samash.com/2020-westbury-electric-guitar-s2020awxx-p

https://www.samash.com/2020-westbury-flame-top-electric-guitar-s2020tsxx-p

They also have the hard case for these guitars on sale for $59.99.

https://www.samash.com/island-series-hard-case-sc201xxxx-p

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Flatscan and 1973Marshall like this.
  2. nasonm

nasonm Supporting Member

I was impressed with their quality at the closeout price point but one minor thing kept tripping me up; the pickup covers (that Supro S) kept getting caught with my fingernails (I play mostly with fingers, not picks).

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Run, don't walk, and get the 2 pickup version at $329. That's a $500 guitar at an unbelievable price!

1973Marshall and MikeSRC like this.
  4. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

I love my Westbury. The build quality is at least on par with Reverend. The pups are amazing.

Note:. I play fingerstyle and have not had a problem with the S pickup covers. YMMV.

5. straightblues

straightblues Member

Those covers are easy to pop off. Also, I put in two Firebird pickups which are direct drop-in replacements for the Hampton three pickup guitar. The Supro covers will even fit the Firebird pickups if you want to put them on to get a stock look.

6. Adagietto

Adagietto Supporting Member

Was just playing my white Westbury this morning, I still love it.

Flatscan likes this.
  7. nasonm

nasonm Supporting Member

I totally admit that it's a personal preference. I do think they are stellar guitars for the money!

Flatscan likes this.
  8. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Member

Just added that they also have the hard case for these guitars on sale for $59.99 (see original post).

Flatscan likes this.
  9. billboneys

billboneys Supporting Member

Got any pics of this. I was considering the USA versions just to lose the S. I liked it at first but think I would prefer without.

10. Carbohydrates

Carbohydrates Supporting Member

I got a 2020 Westbury last year in a sort of metallic copper color, and I adore that guitar. I don't know if I would have bought it for $1k, but... maybe? It's certainly better than some Korean guitars I've paid $800 for. I can definitely say that for $330, it was a no-brainer, and I would have happily paid double that, even. I think I'm gonna jump on the $60 case, since I missed those last year.

Flatscan and CobaltBlue like this.
  11. aFriendbFrosty

aFriendbFrosty Member

I've got an order in for the flametop Hampton and case.

Missed out on it last year because I had already picked up a bronze Jamesport and blue Westbury... and CME. Oh boy, CME;)
    Anyway, I think they are great. Even without last year's bonus deals, I feel this is worth the price.

The case was showing backordered at the time, but it arrived today. Still waiting for the guitar (which was suppose to be in stock), haha.

12. BK Verbs

BK Verbs Gold Supporting Member

Crazy deal. I just can’t buy another guitar. I have very nice ones that are not seeing any play time as it is.

13. BBBJay

BBBJay Member

I got a Westbury (2pup ver) considering the 2030 now.... $399 is a heck of a deal

Flatscan likes this.
  14. Braunzo

Braunzo Member

Any of ya'll find the bridge pickup on the Hampton to be thin and really bright? It's kind of a jump from these really full sounding neck and middle positions, then there's a drop in bass on the bridge pickup and sounds pretty thin.

15. straightblues

straightblues Member

Sorry I don't. But here is the guitar and a picture of the back of the pickup.