Psycho Bluez Track Inside. Please listen and let me know what you all think!?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by riffy, Jan 21, 2006.

1. riffy

riffy Member

1. Psycho Bluez Track

Just did this quickly. I really think the guitar in this sounds good and SMOOTH!
      I used delay and phasing on the lead track after recording the signal dry.
      I had a rotary effect on the rhythm track after recording dry as well.
      There was no other processing including any eq of any type used on this track.
      Well, I did normalize it to get an even volume!

Love to know what you all think of the track..​
    2. Everyone on the Harmony Central Board seems to not like the blues.​

Gary

2. riffy

riffy Member

Thank man for listening and taking your time to comment. I guess the blues are something a little different to us all:D The guitar is a little processed with the delay and phasing and also the rotary effect on the
    rhythm guitar!

Gary

3. Telebluze

Telebluze Gold Supporting Member

I'm with coreybox, it's not what I'd call bluze either, but it is pretty cool. It's got a good groove, sort of reminds me of some of the Reverend Billy G's more experimental stuff, ala Recycler. Nonetheless keep on layin' it down man!!!

Peace
    Ken

4. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

nice playin/vibrato-maybe a little less eko-for definition.

5. lhallam

lhallam Member

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't claim to be a hot gtrist. This is just one guy's opinion.

You've got the Pink Floyd vibe going. I dig spooky music. Nice tone, good intention/feel.

With all that echo going on, it's tough to establish a pocket. Listen and tap your finger along with the hi-hat and listen to see if you are landing in the cracks near the end of phrases.

A little more clarity between instruments would be nice.

You've got a lot of gtr sounds in there so give yourself and the listener a little break and allow more space between lines. Miles Davis is a great model using rests as part of the music. You don't have to fill every second with notes, especially on a feel like this.

This sounds like it would be very good as an ending solo on a vocal tune.

Good job keeping the number of choruses down. Good stretches, more vibrato on the stretches please.

All in all sounds good, keep at it.