1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

PTools 7, ACID, REX

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Grun, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Grun

Grun Member

My update notification indicates that PT7 (Mac) will 'work' with ACID and REX files/loops. Does anyone know to what extent the capabilities of these formats are supported? 'Stretching', beat matching etc.?

2. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I don't have a mac, but I'm getting PT 7 this thursday. I'm really more interested in the fact that the made some strides in efficiencies as it pertains to running more than twice as many virtual instruments!

I've had not issues with PT what so ever... have you had a negative experience with PT which prompts you to ask about the new functionality of version 7?

3. nickdahl

nickdahl Member

I'm thinking about upgrading from 6.9 to 7. When you get a chance to work with it, could you check back here and let us know how it works?

Thanks,

Nick

4. elambo

elambo Member

I've been using PT7 with Stylus RMX, which is REX, and it's been great. In the case of Stylus, you can drag the MIDI events from Stylus directly into the ProTools window and it will align it to the beginning of then bar. Then you can edit MIDI as you need to. Change tempo and it changes the speed of the MIDI notes and the speed of the loop.

I've never used it for ACID so I don't know how that would work.

5. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Will do!!

6. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I just loaded PT 7 last night. I did a quick QA by playing one of my projects and all went well.

I will go deeper into the program this weekend and give my report.