Pulled the trigger on a new Fano

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by mototpsychel, Jul 20, 2008.

1. mototpsychel

mototpsychel Member

Just bought it today from Alto music in Middletown, NY (well 85% of it anyway).

Fano SP6 http://www.fanoguitars.com/index.html

It's the exact same guitar featured on his web site's home page and in the SP6 gallery.

I do love the hell out of it. And she screams L.A.M.F. to quote Johnny Thunders.

By the way these pics are from the shop and the web site as I won't be bringing her home for another two weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Congrat! I've been checking that one out for a while!

Where's the tone sit? Duo Jet? Tele meets 6120?

Did you happen to play the RB6? or any of the JM6's they had?

3. mototpsychel

mototpsychel Member

I'd say more tele meets 6120 probably due to the solid body. Really it's own beast.

I did play the Jm6 without the Bigsby, and although the neck seemed a little fatter (my usual preference) the SP6 was the one. It is one loud guitar !

4. gdcx

gdcx Silver Supporting Member

Congratulations!

I have played that guitar ...along with almost every other Fano a Alto.

That guitar is fantastic - Enjoy.

Sanhozay: what's up, Brother. Hope you are still enjoying that Burgundy Mist beauty! G

5. mototpsychel

mototpsychel Member

I just started going to Alto last week. 103 mile drive for me. I came down to try the Vox and ended up buying the Fano.

6. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Fantastic guitar-yours (well soon!) and that red German carved top SP6 National inspired one that was posted here last week are the best I have seen from Fano. Tel-E-Jet would go well with my newfound love of roots rock tones that I am doing with Esquires, EL-84 amps and Texas inspired germanium OD and fuzz.

7. sanhozay

I love that guitar! I have the neck and action exactly the way I want but the tension is fighting me a bit. Need to get on the tone pros and do some adjusting. It sounds freaking huge and is really a unique piece. I love my SP6 and I'm still getting to know that guitar as well as the JM6 but they play and feel like old friends. The wide pallet of sounds are kicking my ass! I get KO'd every time I plug in; if only I were a master painter. Fano is making some of the finest guitars presently on planet Earth.

8. sanhozay

It's also drop dead gorgeous! My Fano's are both very resonant. Tons of booty. That super thin finish he does on the back of the neck is total velvet. Insanity!

9. ford

ford Supporting Member

I bought both of my Fano's from Alto! Congrats on an awesome guitar!\
    \

bford

10. Neill

Neill Member

best looking fano i've seen. sick.

11. mototpsychel

mototpsychel Member

Thanks - I got the guitar home and I just love it. There was one small problem though...when I went to pick it up from Alto, Phil showed me another Fano and I ended up trading my Tele for it. It's made from a 200 year old single pine plank that Dennis got ahold of.

Here's a pic from his website - I'll post more when I get it home.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  12. sanhozay

I'm verklempft; Talk amongst yourselves.