Pumaboard pedal board question?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fast ricky love, Apr 2, 2008.

1. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

I was ready to go for a Pumaboard - I like the flexibility compared to a Trailertrash in terms of sizing options, and the racing stripe tolex is a look I love. I'd go for the classic so I can mount my PPII underneath BUT I don't like that the bottom is exposed! I'd thought the bottom would be sealed so wires aren't hanging, etc.

Disappointed. :rolleyes:

2. ned911

ned911 Member

It's not really a problem. I have a GRX4 under mine and it hasn't had any problems getting bumped - not a mark on it.

3. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Ricky, it's supposed to be like that. Besides adding unnecessary weight, how are you supposed to access the bottom panel? Unscrew about 20-30 screws?

Take a look at EVERY PEDALBOARD ON THE PLANET and they are all designed the same.

If you are "disappointed" with this design, nothing is stopping you from making your own!!

Beside, kevin is a great guy. I'm sure he'd be happy to enclose the bottom if that's what you really want.

4. ford

ford Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep my pedaltrain is also exposed underneath.... actually I just sold my PtPro, but the PT2 I'm about to buy is also going to be this way.

5. fast ricky love

Maybe he could fabricate a sheet of thin metal to go on the bottom? I wouldn't need to get at it really once everything is in place. I guess I was looking at the Trailertrash models and liking that 'enclosure' approach. I just like the looks and sizing of the pumas...

6. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Call Kevin. He's a great guy and easy to deal with. He'll make you happy.

7. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

You don't need a cover. I have all sorts of stuff under mine including cables, Juicebox 3.0. and GRX4.

It weighs alot with all of my pedals. I just attatched the cables securely underneath and have no problems.

Another thing too is that power supplies can get hot and need air to circulate underneath.

A cover would add weight but Kevin can customize anything to your needs. He is good people.

[​IMG]

8. fast ricky love

Wow, great pic, thanks very much for that! How did you secure the wires, staples? That certainly helps me feel better about it.

I'll give the man a call, thanks for the encouragement gents, I really do want the puma...

There is that thin sheet metal that has holes in it, or possibly a screen might do the trick too as an option. I dunno, I'd rather have it covered, but I'll think on it and call Kevin tomorrow.

9. fast ricky love

You know, I'm not sure what I was thinking as the Trailertrash boards work the same way (no bottom).

BTW JKoeth, are your Juicebox 3.0. and GRX4 attached with velcro to the bottom?

10. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Yup! Industrial strength Velcro that I buy in the fabrics section at Wal Mart.

I bought these black staple like things at the hardware store. I can't remember what they're called but they have pointed ends. I use a hammer to pound them in and pliers to easily remove them. They're very secure.

If you have any other questions let me know!

11. fast ricky love

thanks!

I think the screen on the bottom would be a cool addition, I'm going to talk to Kevin about that tomorrow.

I'd be good on the Trailertrash too... like the screen door on a double wide!

12. fast ricky love

OK, already corresponded with Kevin (that was fast!)

Will be ordering the Puma... think I'll be fine w/o the bottom. Thanks for the info gents!