Pumaboard vs. TrailerTrash

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Marty McFly, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Cvt

Cvt Member

I have to chime in as a TT owner. Puma Boards look great no doubt but they are simply boards you order for you your needs and tastes with no availablity of custom wiring. They appear to be of great quality and everybody who has them loves them. However, I think you are comparing apples to oranges in some respects. Rooster is a long time touring musician and a wizard with wiring. With that said, you are getting designs by fire. Not only are they built like a tank they are built to be functional. You also get advice from experience on your best pedal chain order, wiring, ergonomics etc. I bought a huge 38x18 board because I thought it would look cool with all of my pedals on one board...my mistake. Rooster tried to talk me out of it but I was apparently deaf. My board ended up being too big and too heavy.

The TT bags are suited for gigging and the whole rig is as professional as it gets. I am just not sure that Puma Boards have stood the test of hard touring....just look at all of the pros using the TT boards...says a lot to me.

Here is my experience that I would like to pass along. If you get a custom wiring job as I did you better be damn sure you are never going to buy new pedals again....I would advise anyone to simply get a velcro top and wire everything on top that way you can rearrange and introduce new pedals etc. I unfortunately am stuck and cannot change what I have without unsoldering, redrilling, resoldering, rerouting basically ruining what I have to simply add a different pedal. I am in process of ordering a new TT with this advice in mind.

Just my 2 cents!

2. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Silver Supporting Member

I'm having a Puma made now and Kevin has been top notch!

3. kenoflife

kenoflife Supporting Member

love my Pumaboard still, after a year and a half -
    the studio slip bag is a must-have too