Pure 64 100 watter alomst ready to ship!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Joe Perry, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I just got off the phone with Mark. My new head is done. He finished it and let it burn in for a while. Now he's just it's going through it & tweaking it some. I can't wait to compare it to my "original" Pure 64 50 watt head!! I already received the 2x12 cab and have been using it with my Komet. Any one else on the board have one on order? Mark is fantastic to deal with. If you're thinking of ordering one I highly reccommend one. Some of the biggest & baddest Blackface style tones around.

2. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

Sweet!!! You won't need your little 20 watt Komet then...

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

Very nice, Joe! Don't forget to turn it up!! ;)

4. bluetweed

bluetweed Supporting Member

I heard what the 2 6V6's can do, I can't even fathom 4x 6L6's all I can say is watch out!!!!!!! The man will not stop trying to improve. He is definitely a true amp designer in every sense of the word. No clones for this guy, you really get every penny's worth from Mark. Great guy!

5. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

That's still my pseudo OD channel! ;) Pure 64 for the cleans & the Komet for dirt.

6. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Well, I've had the amp for close to two weeks now. I didn't get much of a chance to play it the first week with helping my inlaws move and the school year starting. I've been trying to play it for a while every night for the past week.

It has such a big, warm, round & smooth tone. Every thing you associate with stellar Blackface tone. The amp sounds huge with Mark's 2x12 cab. I couldn't be happier with it. Mark was great to deal with during the who;e process. It compliments my original 50w Pure 64. I'm able to go up further on the curve switch on it & set the 100 watter curve switch on "2" for that BF tone & A/B between the two.

I know Warren (dspblues) was able to try it before it was shipped. Hopefully he will chime in. Pun intended.

7. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hey Joe,

Congratulations on your new Pure Sixty Four 100 watter, it sounds like a incredible amp.

8. riffmeister

give us a chassis shot.......I want to see the glass and trannies! :D

9. dspblues

dspblues Silver Supporting Member

Hi Joe,
    Sorry, I didn't see this post/thread until now. Your amp sounded so good with my LP, I'm considering getting a 100w version in the future. It has everything I like about my 50w MS, but maybe a little thicker? Not sure, but having the extra watts was nice. Have you gigged at all with it? That's where it really shines.

10. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Thanks Warren! I heard you sounded killer through it. It does sounds thicker and bigger being 100w compared to my 50w. The ratio knob is killer for getting a little more grind out of the amp plus it's footswitchable!

There must be a flu bug going around the Northeast attacking botique amps. One of my power tubes is acting funny. Mark is sending out a new quad Monday. Too bad I didn't know you were going to Scott's house for the get together. I'm only about a half an hour away. Maybe I can get invited to the next one and bring the 100 watter.

11. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

I am loving my little 20 watter, I heard yours was nothing short of smoking, CONGRATS!!!

12. dspblues

dspblues Silver Supporting Member

I played my MS today at an outdoor gig with my 1x12. Man, what great tone. I used it with my Tolai LP (w/lollars) and the Klon. Nothing short of amazing tone. Good day to play guitar. :D

13. Jimetti

Jimetti Member

Joe,

Your tubes came in on Friday and I'll ship them today!

No charge!

Mark

14. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

That amp has got to sound killer. 100W meanstreet? Yikes.

Mark builds one hell of an amp.

15. riffmeister

Joe, how is that 100 watter doing?

16. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

Hey Peter,

Sorry, just saw this.

It's doing great! The new Ruby's that Mark sent me kicked it up a notch. They make the amp sound more robust. Still couldn't be happier with it. The other tubes in there were JJ's, one of which was acting a little funny. Holding the amp back if you will.

I keep saying this, but we need to get together so you can try it - especially through the 2x12. I'll pm you my #.

It's a shame but lately I really haven't had much time to play with all the kids school stuff & activities going on. I think I'm going to downsize to just a couple of key pieces for me. I keep going back & forth with wanting to sell the TK. I love the tremelo on it. That's why I've been holding on to it. I've even been thinking of selling/trading the Komet. Had it up for a couple of days in the emporium, then pulled the ad.

Joe

17. Jimetti

Jimetti Member

Joe,

Get some RCA Black Plates...it's worth it and you wont believe the tone!

18. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

If my Celestions blues sell in the emporium I'm heading that way.