• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Purple Fane Hiwatt 4x12 Reissues

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have experience with these cabs. They cost over $2000 new, though are out of production. How do they sound and what would you pay for one? I may have a chance to pick one up to use with my Orange AD30. Do they provide nice low end/low mids? I want something that is more low end, less highs.

solitaire

Anyone have experience with these cabs. They cost over $2000 new, though are out of production. How do they sound and what would you pay for one? I may have a chance to pick one up to use with my Orange AD30. Do they provide nice low end/low mids? I want something that is more low end, less highs.
Reissues? Are you sure these are reissues and not some clones made by Eminence or what-ever? If this is true, plz post links to where it's mentioned. :)

WhoJamFan

Silver Supporting Member
Purple Fanes reissues? Nope. The originals had purple Fanes in them, don't know what these Music Ground era cabinets are loaded with. The originals had a great clean sound to them, but if you are looking for that giant bottom end palm mute chugga then I would look at some different speakers. For 2 grand, you could get a matching Orange cab for your head with any speakers you like in it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom