Purple Plexi off Sean's site

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rossta1, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossta1

rossta1 Member

Anyone else disappointed to see the Purple Plexi is not on his site anymore? I was so patiently waiting for it to be available and now...:(
    Anyone know anything about this development?

2. rewog

rewog Member

Some will get them... some won't.
    Seems to be how it goes.

Call it mystique if you like - I call it too hard and look elsewhere now.

3. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

I bought the Black Gold that was offered on eBay--a forumite was selling it on the Emporium. This one is worth waiting for. I call it a CoT with volume and tone controls. My guess is Sean took it down because he was getting 50 emails a day about it and maybe it wasn't ready to be released(maybe a supplier was late delivering parts?).

4. seanc

seanc Member

rewog,

i think your right man. just might be me but i am seeing through all this hype and finding other pedals. not bagging sean at all because i like his pedals.... but it seems like its to much too ask and too much for him to tell.

5. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

currently resizing all web photos and recomposing product information
    I may even change the entire site format

I move real slow until I'm happy with the outcome, thats all..

6. rossta1

rossta1 Member

Thanks for the word Sean. Godspeed ;)
    ~ross

7. matchless1069

matchless1069 Member

Whew.......I was bummed to see the link taken down thinking it was not going to happen, but if it's just webpage adjustment.......I can't wait for the release! Till then i'll just have to keep watching Fatbacks video posts and wait PP release day

8. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

My Purple Plexi is paid & on the way!

9. rewog

rewog Member

That's what I was talking about.
    I'm glad you have one coming Realfi... but most who asked were told they're not being produced yet.
    Sean comes here and says he's just re-arranging the website... but all the other pedals are still on there - only the Purple Plexi has been taken off.
    Personally, I like to deal with someone who's straight with me !!

10. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

I dunno. I know I got in straight away when I saw the Purple Plexi demo of Fatback's....

At least we'll be able to arrange a Perth audition.

11. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

+1 :D

12. rewog

rewog Member

Well guys, I'm happy for you.... Looks like all the 'unavailable' Plexi's are on their way to Perth.
    I've just paid a deposit on a Stage Hog so I'm hoping that'll solve all future OD Gas for me.

13. threm

threm Member

Good move. You have some pedal to look forward to. For sure.

14. seanc

seanc Member

Greg,

We have had these chats man. Realfi, Streesfest....i am also very happy that we have some purple power coming down to Perth. I am glad there are junkies like me and rewog that love pedals too. I am in the sam mind as rewog though, i just want someone straight up with me. If its not ready then don't put it on the site. And if it is on your site, then be prepared to get emails about people wanting them. I went right off after Sean said he needed time and all the while i hear people getting theirs. I wasnt happy at all.

I don't want to stir **** up among my TGP brethern who love and adore Sean (as do i) but it just seems a little below par. Please let me know if i am at all a little left of centre on this.

P.s I have made numerous transactions with Sean and love his work but it seems lately my business (and maybe money) isnt as valuable as the next guys. Just makes me a little angry. wouldnt it make you the same?

15. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

I've got nothing but praise for Sean. I've never been left wondering...his gear and service are 2nd to none IMHO.

16. rewog

rewog Member

That's cool Stress, if that's your experience. But I hope you can understand someone who has had a bad experience having a different point of view.
    Like SeanC, I was told that Sean needed "time and no pressure". To me that meant "don't call me, I'll call you".
    I had ordered and been promised 2 pedals (LO and Magneto) at the start of their production runs. I respected Sean's request to not be hassled, and I have never received them.
    About 7 weeks ago, I received an email that said I would have a LO in 2 weeks.
    I have bought quite a few pedals from Sean over the past 12 months, and have never hassled him or screwed him around, but there comes a point where I say "I can't be bothered with this charade any more".

The experience of you and Realfi just proves that Sean plays favorites, and doesn't treat everyone who orders a pedal the same - which I already knew.

17. MAGICboy

EXCUSE ME???????????

There is a sequence I MUST follow..
    I do not expect you to understand it although I DO expect some respect regaurding it..

Please "by all means" look somewhere else if you dont feel comfortable with my system.. It is the best I can do with respect to everyone's fairness, including my own..

18. rewog

rewog Member

Well Sean - seeing you're here:-
    I was first or second to order a Magneto when you offered the first of them here on TGP. The thread was deleted soon after, but I gather everyone else received theirs. I never did.
    When you promised me a LO, they had only been offered on Ebay, and you said they wouldn't be on the website but you would build me one. Since then there has been a run sold on the website, but I've never received one.
    I still have the emails from you.
    See why I'm a little peeved ??

19. Stressfest

Stressfest Member

Well, i'm a firm believer in 'you can't please all the people all of the time' and **** does happen. In my experience i've had nothing but top notch service from Sean...can't speak for everyone but for my money Seans the chit' :)

20. MAGICboy

you need to take your quams to email.. you have no idea what my enque looks like, you have no idea how my system is set in production..

in all fairness you owe me an apology

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.