• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Purple Rainbow Machines! & all kinds of other new purple EQD (including Plumes)!

Royness

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, like what kinda mods? :munch

Not really. :dunnoIt can do vibrato-y type sounds, but I'd hesitate to call it "vibrato" in the traditional sense.
well, for starters I find that when I'm running my rig pretty loud and have got the magic, tone, and tracking all maxed out, the Rainbow Machine doesn't quite have the crazy tripped out sound way in the forefront....so a blend knob would be great, maybe a high pass filter could help for certain applications, a gain circuit so i can run my amp on a clean setting but get a gnarly sound of the rainbow that isn't too abrasive (but a little more abrasive than is as is), something to add a little bit of extra clarity and sizzle to the output, would love to run it in stereo, an expression pedal input for the magic, ,,,,, , i really love this gizmo

going back a year or two ago i saw a video of somebody who modded theirs like crazy! had to be an extra four or five knobs and input/outputs alone...but cant find evidence of it anywhere!

downburst82

Ooh, that's a good one, hadn't heard it before. :aok Nice purple shirt too… :D
Josh Martin is AWESOME!!

Check out his band "Little Tybee" they are one of my favorites!

Im on the fence...if I ever wanted* a Rainbow Machine purple would be the colour for sure...hmmm.

*of course I want one...its just can I justify $300...(Canadian $$)

Last edited:

chankgeez

The Magpie did a two and a half process vid on that circuit bend. Be sure to watch that too.

and while im at it, wouldn't the most rainbow-ish color scheme be.....rainbow?
:dunnoThe only thing I'm set on is the purple sparkle enclosure and no white knobs or graphics. Other than that, I'm unsure… :knitting

Turnipfarmer

I just got a Disaster Area smart clock in Grape Soda Sparkle.
Grape Soda Sparkle may be the most groovy powdercoat in the universe.
Maybe we should guide this gang toward greener pastures and request a group buy of Grape Soda Sparkle Quadrant Delays from Mr. ALexander?

chankgeez

Maybe we should guide this gang toward greener pastures and request a group buy of Grape Soda Sparkle Quadrant Delays from Mr. ALexander?
Haven't the the Quadrant Delay yet. The finishes on the Alexander enclosures look great though.

The Rainbow Machine is a tried & true quantity for me. I already know I love it. :love:

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
I just got a Disaster Area smart clock in Grape Soda Sparkle.
Grape Soda Sparkle may be the most groovy powdercoat in the universe.
Not gonna say no to that. Look for some announcements about some custom finish stuff from us in the next couple of weeks. We've got a plan.

Trending Topics