Put Fuzz in a loop of its own?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Crowder, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

I've got a Basic Audio Solar Myth, and I really like it on its own. It doesn't necessarily get along with the rest of my pedalboard, especially for the way I use it.

What I want to do with this pedal is have it set for a huge, loud solo tone, so that when I engage it it completely takes over my signal. As is (with it at the front of my chain) I find that I have to disengage a couple of other pedals then engage the Solar Myth.

I'm thinking about getting a simple two-loop true bypass looper: one loop for the Fuzz pedal, and another for everything else. That way I can stomp on both switches at the same time and go from "regular board" to "fuzz tone" in one fell swoop.

My question is if there is an easier way to accomplish this.

2. Crimson Queen

Crimson Queen Member

You need a flash loop box. Control One, RoadRageGear and others make them. I have the RoadRageGear. It has two loops and two buttons. One button switches between the two loops and the other bypasses both. I have an MXR FET driver in one loop and a bunch of pedals in the other. Pressing a single button switches my entire signal from the group of pedals to only the FET driver.

http://www.one-control.com/white-loop.html

3. LaoTzu

LaoTzu Member

you can get a really cheap box that is one loop. there on ebay. chinese company by the name of nuxx.

4. Crimson Queen

Crimson Queen Member

The OP wants to go from a set of pedals to another set (or a single pedal) with one button. The Control One White is only about $100. I paid even less for the RoadRageGear.

5. zmobley84

zmobley84 Member

I have a Walrus Audio Transit 3 looper that I'd sell you...

6. melodiusthunk

melodiusthunk Bronzd & Supported Member Silver Supporting Member

Yah, I put my ge tranny fuzzes in separate loop (Lehle D.Loop). That way, I can minimize the number of pedal connections between guitar and amp in that one loop, while still keeping 10-12 other pedals on board for when I am not using those "sensitive" vintage fuzz circuits.