• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Putting a vintage screw-mount trem on a body made for top-mount Floyd?

cardinal

I'm toying with this idea.

It's a mahogany Strat body made for a top-mount, non-recessed Floyd. The outer-most holes for the vintage trem would sit about 4 mm from the edges of the Floyd studs.

I was thinking of giving it a try, and if I don't like it, I just put the Floyd back on and it'll cover the holes.

Anything to watch out for? I know I'll probably need to address the neck angle with some shims.

(And this is a 7-string guitar, so there are no Schaller/G&L trems that will retrofit over the studs, and the point is to see if I like the vintage mount as opposed to the two-point type. I don't mind that it's a locking bridge).

Thanks!

Trending Topics