1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Putting the M13 in a rack - Who's done it?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by screamtone, Dec 22, 2009.

1. screamtone

screamtone Supporting Member

Here's the deal: I'm using the Axe-Fx as my main rig these days, along with a Ground Control Pro. For a while, I was using my old pedal board with an M13 on it in front off the AFX, but ultimately, it felt like too much too carry around, and a Ground Control Pro PLUS a Pedaltrain II just took up way too much space. I've grown quite accustomed to some of the fx in the M13, and I'd like to put it on a sliding shelf in my rack and turn the fx on and off with IA switches on my Ground Control. I can get all of the fx I need in one scene, so I won't need to switch scenes around (or I could do that manually in between songs).

The Axe-Fx is my first experience using MIDI gear at all and I'm not really sure of the best way to do this. I really want to get the M13 off the floor. Any ideas? Does anybody have their M13 set up like this? Thanks!

2. shawnshack

shawnshack Supporting Member

I saw someone with their rig set up like that, I think it was on an axe fx thread. I'll see if I can find it and I'll post the link here.

3. nodata2000

nodata2000 Supporting Member

4. screamtone

screamtone Supporting Member

5. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

I am working on this same thing. I don't have an axe-fx, but I will be racking up the M13. I have a thread about it here.

6. lspaulsp

lspaulsp Gold Supporting Member

If you have a FBV hooked up to a Line 6 amp with MIDI out, it changes the scene on the M-13 as you change presets on your amp. I'm looking a little deeper I just got the thing Monday. WOW