Putting together this budget rig..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MONSTER ZERO, Feb 23, 2015.

1. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

I'm working on a little experiment. Build a rig for 500 dollars or under (minus cable cost) that can be gigged at any local club. So far I have collected the following.

Peavey Bandit USA Red Stripe w/ Sheffield 1230. $170.00 (used)
    Peavey Tracer H/S/S w/Kahler Spider Trem $120.00 w/OHSC (used)
    Zoom G2 for FX and NG only $99.00 (new)
    Ibanez TS7 $20.00 (used)
    Joyo Crunch (MI Audio crunch box clone) $30.00 (new)
    Rocktron Tri-Wah $50.00 (used)

Came in about 10 dollars under! Some of it I am waiting to arrive still but What are your opinions on this rig? I plan on using the Joyo as my main rhythm crunch and the TS7 for boosting (cant believe how good the TS7 sounds and feels) Going to run the G2 in the loop for all FX and it's awesome NG.

I figure with the left over 10 bucks I could get enough scrap wood from home depot to make a pedal board.

2. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

Not sure I would have made the same choices, but the endeavor is solid.
    I am more of a mindset to buy some commonplace stomps and mod them slightly to perform better. Boss SD1 and GCB-95 wah would have been on my list. The zoom, though versatile, might be a weak link.

3. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

I initially wanted the amp to be a Bugera V22 but I want this to be a low to no maintenance rig. Every tube amp I already own get's new tubes regularly.

Luckily I do not use FX a lot so I'm hoping the G2 in the loop will be passable. I own 2 of them and like it for low volume practicing. I do not like the short throw of the GCB-95. I got the Tri-Wah specifically for the long throw it has. I'm a clutz lol..

4. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

Understood. I have a pedal steel friend that uses a Zoom Multi to great success. I still have the 90's leftover dislike since a Zoom 505 was my first actual fx unit.
    I agree the Peavey is a great centerpiece. I think I own about 4 Bandits that I have loaned out over the past and never expected them returned.