1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Puzzled ... what did I do exactly?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Dale, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dale

Dale Member

I am running a Presonus Firebox. It works great. I have used it for several years. I had it working with Reaper and Audiacity hearing windows sounds fine. I somehow now cannot get computer system sounds or get media player to play, or hear Winamp audio. When I open reaper now I get an error message that the Windows GS Synth (drup map) is not available.

I have tried various settings in the Control Panel setting the soundcard to Presonus, the internal one in the computer (Realtek) and nothing seems to make a difference. I updated all drivers to be sure that was not the issue.

I am running Vista Home, Dell desktop unit with a Intel dual core with 4 meg ram. Is there something I may have done in the BIOS? If so how would I check?

TIA

2. BSHARP

BSHARP Member

In Windows Try this: Start > Help and Support > System Restore > Restore My Computer To an Earlier Time. Select a date before the problem started.

3. Dale

Dale Member

Fixed. It was the Bios. I am not sure I remember changing anything there. But, obviously I must have done so. I disabled the internal card there and all returned to normal.