• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

PWE/Stevenson/Event Horizon Enthusiasts Thread - Part IV

trailrun100s

Vary nass.... Who made that cab?

I love the minimalist pedalboard too.
Stagecraft...Great cab...great price...

The pedalboard is just tuner, fuzz(into clean channel), phaser, and wah...My funk rig...Oh, and the amp footswitch...85% of the time on channel two...

Marc Roy

You don't need more than that IMO. I never got why some guys have two dozen pedals on their board. Just more **** that can break at the gig.

The amp sounds so good, I use effects very rarely. I don't even use reverb. Love that straight in your face tone.

GT100

You don't need more than that IMO. I never got why some guys have two dozen pedals on their board. Just more **** that can break at the gig.

The amp sounds so good, I use effects very rarely. I don't even use reverb. Love that straight in your face tone.
Yes, there seems to be a misguided trend these days that you need a huge pedal board...

Lloyd

jmarquis

I'll get things started with a quick shot of my EH3 from a recent gig...
Nice setup!

I finally got a decent cab yesterday for my EH3. I used my friend's 4x12 with 65s in it. Was ok but ...

There was a local deal for a Voltage 4x12 cab (great/solid cabs made in Winnipeg) with 2 V30's and 2 G12h anniversary... OMFG!! It sounds amazing!!

I know Ted highly suggests V30's but the mix with the G12h is simply awesome. They have a more low end which I think complement the V30 in a good way.

I was looking to order a 2x12 PWE cab but the deal was too good to pass on.

Next, PWE cab! The 4x12 will stay at the studio and I will use the 2x12 at my house and for live shows.

Last edited:

jmarquis

I agree with you. It sounds awesome by itself. fingers/guitar/cable/PWE

But It really depends on what you do.

I have a nice pedalboard setup for a few reasons.

I play in multiple projects.

I love to use the clean channel as a clean Platform just for the fun of it

Since a few months I love using the looper on my timeline and do ambient stuff with weird sounds

I love to tweak and find new sounds at my house.

For my main band I use mostly the amp, a strymon timline and an expression pedal top control the mix value on my signal. Sometimes I go crazy live and experiment on the fly. I like to have the option if that night I feel a little loco :)

Marc Roy

I agree with you. It sounds awesome by itself. fingers/guitar/cable/PWE

But It really depends on what you do.

I have a nice pedalboard setup for a few reasons.

I play in multiple projects.

I love to use the clean channel as a clean Platform just for the fun of it

Since a few months I love using the looper on my timeline and do ambient stuff with weird sounds

I love to tweak and find new sounds at my house.

For my main band I use mostly the amp, a strymon timline and an expression pedal top control the mix value on my signal. Sometimes I go crazy live and experiment on the fly. I like to have the option if that night I feel a little loco :)
Yeah, I can see how playing in multiple bands would require a larger setup. I guess it's just on how you use it. I remember seeing a local band last year where the guitarist had about 10 boxes (all high end stuff) on the floor going into a Twin Reverb. His tone was horrendous.

I think that once your guitar goes through all that, even when not turned on, your tone starts to suffer - true bypass or not.

trailrun100s

Yeah, I can see how playing in multiple bands would require a larger setup. I guess it's just on how you use it. I remember seeing a local band last year where the guitarist had about 10 boxes (all high end stuff) on the floor going into a Twin Reverb. His tone was horrendous.

I think that once your guitar goes through all that, even when not turned on, your tone starts to suffer - true bypass or not.
Even with my different projects, I still don't stray far from the sounds that make me, me...So, my board rarely changes or gets bigger.

And if it is straight up rock or blues, the amp alone works...Maybe a phase for variety on the clean tones...if that...

Marc Roy

In terms of boards and pedals, have you guys tried those individual loop boxes? They seem to be pretty popular with the pedalboard crowd.

jmarquis

I don't know about loopers that much. The loop on the timeline is just enough for my needs really. The TC dito is really good too and it is the size on a standard effect box.

I have a question for you guys;

When I bought the EH3 I taught I would use the blow channel for my solos but it turns out the way I dial it, I use it mostly for rythym parts when I need a meaner sound but I don't set it up louder than the 2nd channel.

Any of you know a good 1 knob clean boost I could use in the fx loop?

trailrun100s

I don't know about loopers that much. The loop on the timeline is just enough for my needs really. The TC dito is really good too and it is the size on a standard effect box.

I have a question for you guys;

When I bought the EH3 I taught I would use the blow channel for my solos but it turns out the way I dial it, I use it mostly for rythym parts when I need a meaner sound but I don't set it up louder than the 2nd channel.

Any of you know a good 1 knob clean boost I could use in the fx loop?

Only clean boost I have experience with is the Suhr Koko boost...But it is two knob/two button. One for a killer transparent clean boost, and the other side is a mid-boost...

On another note, I found I can make channel 3 sound closer to channel two by dialing the mids higher on channel three...Makes is so the blow channel(3) as a lead sound is closer to the sound of channel 2 rhythm...

Marc Roy

Only clean boost I have experience with is the Suhr Koko boost...But it is two knob/two button. One for a killer transparent clean boost, and the other side is a mid-boost...

On another note, I found I can make channel 3 sound closer to channel two by dialing the mids higher on channel three...Makes is so the blow channel(3) as a lead sound is closer to the sound of channel 2 rhythm...
I'd love to try a Koko Boost. Sounds like a killer pedal. I'm looking for something that'll give me just a bit more sustain for lead work but not go too over the top. My AC Booster is cool but I find it has too much gain even at a minimal setting. I'm more into roots rock / country and that sort of thing nowadays so I don't need singing sustain. The amp puts out rootsy tones with no effort though.

I love diming the mids on the lead channel of my amp. Makes it bark nicely.

jmarquis

That's how I used to set my 3rd channel: Treble to taste, mid knob maxed and bass at 9 o'clock. Ted modded my 3rd channel to make it brighter and closer to the 2nd channel but with the low end and filth available on the 3rd channel.

I coud use it as the solo channel but we have a few heavy chorus that use that extra gain and low end. Thats why I am inquiring about a booster.

The koko boost is already on my list but for the front end mainly for its mid boost. Never enough mids man. :)

Marc Roy

The EH has great mids. Nice and full, not that honky midrange that gets on your nerves. I'm dialing in my tone a bit brighter than usual. The amp can be bright if needed but it's never harsh.

trailrun100s

Ted modded my 3rd channel to make it brighter and closer to the 2nd channel but with the low end and filth available on the 3rd channel.
That's cool...

The EH has great mids. Nice and full, not that honky midrange that gets on your nerves. I'm dialing in my tone a bit brighter than usual. The amp can be bright if needed but it's never harsh.
totally agree...

Trending Topics