• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

PWE/Stevenson/Event Horizon Enthusiasts Thread - Part IV

gman1951

Gold Supporting Member
DUDE..... this thing is awesome! I talked with Ted about how the switching works and what pin does what. At the moment I just have the chassis out, with a lead from the channel pin to ground, so i can play the gain channel. I bought a generic 3 button switch and just have to wire up a 5 pin neutrik plug thats coming in the mail. Little bit of a project but its definitely worth it! Glad he fixed this issue on the newer models. Btw Ted is a great guy and very helpful. He offered to make a footswitch too, but i dont mind the wiring and now I dont have to wait!

Im still dialing it in, but to my ears its a keeper. So many tonal options hyperon, tachyon, nfb etc. Prob needs some new tubes as well. Does anyone know what they shipped with or have any recommendations?

Congrats! I'm glad it got a good home and you were able to suss out how to access the other channels. It's a great amp for sure; I had one a couple of years ago (one of the newer models), which is one of the reasons I initially jumped on it at the price for which it was offered.

When I called Ted, it was right at the beginning of a Covid lockdown so I'm sure I was catching him at an inopportune time.

DUDE..... this thing is awesome! I talked with Ted about how the switching works and what pin does what. At the moment I just have the chassis out, with a lead from the channel pin to ground, so i can play the gain channel. I bought a generic 3 button switch and just have to wire up a 5 pin neutrik plug thats coming in the mail. Little bit of a project but its definitely worth it! Glad he fixed this issue on the newer models. Btw Ted is a great guy and very helpful. He offered to make a footswitch too, but i dont mind the wiring and now I dont have to wait!

Im still dialing it in, but to my ears its a keeper. So many tonal options hyperon, tachyon, nfb etc. Prob needs some new tubes as well. Does anyone know what they shipped with or have any recommendations?
Pretty sure I just bought this from guitar center. Did you return it? This one is an eh1 though.

gman1951

Gold Supporting Member
did you return this to guitar center.
...and I contacted Voodoo lab and they dont make one.
I bought it, received delivery, and returned it to GC because it didn't have a footswitch and there was no way to access the channel switching from the front panel. @Tspaarg bought it after I returned. The amp in question is an EH2 and was pale green in color.

Tspaarg

Pretty sure I just bought this from guitar center. Did you return it? This one is an eh1 though.
I did return it. Couldn't get the generic footswitch i bought to work. What you can do to play the gain channel when you get it is:
Looking at the chassis from the back,
The last footswitch pin on the right changes channels.
Just connect a wire from that to the bare metal of the chassis and it will switch channels. Then you can see if you dig it before figuring out a footswitch.
Its a very hot rodded vintage tone. Great tone, i was just looking for something a little more modern. Hopefully this thing can find a home at some point. Its a quality amp

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
Hey PWE guys....I have a 100 watt PWE EH2 on the way! I'm not sure of the year, but it has Tachyon and Hyperion switches, the gain switch, blow channel plus the NFB, deep, and presence controls.

Super stoked!

I had the same exact 50 watt version several years ago, but sold it to fund a Kemper, which in turn was sold to cover a Friedman Runt 50. In retrospect I should have just kept the PWE, but it was fun to go down a few different paths.

The Runt was a cool amp and did the aggressive JCM 800 thing really, really well and had a fantastic clean channel, but I wanted more tone/ feel shaping and couldn't swing a BE 50 or 100. I was trying to stay under $1800 used, and was considering the Landry LS100G3, the 3rd Power Citizen Gain CSR, the EH2, the Splawn Quick Rod, and the Bogner Shiva. I found an EH2 on Reverb, and the super cool seller made me a deal I couldn't pass up.

I'm going to be running a Lexicon MPX-1 in the loop for time based effects, with a couple of different OD pedals up front along with an MXR Phase 95.

Cabs are a Splawn 4x12 loaded with Scumback M75 PVCs on top and G12Ms on the bottom, and an EVH 2x12 with G12Ms. I do have two V30s that I can use to experiment with once I get the amp dialed. May pick up a couple more depending on how things sound.

Guitars are a PRS 408 and a Schecter USA custom shop California Custom Elite.

Can't wait to get this rig dialed in!

Last edited:

mikebat

It will be a quick path to good tones. You already know the amp well.

I am contemplating a small box single channel amp based on channel 2 of the EH3. dual volume and gains, switchable by foot switch.

Trending Topics