Pyramid Strings

throbert

I liked the green hex pure nickel set but I really disliked the the round cores. I recently tried the new monels which are round core also and I liked the tone but again I hated the feel. The inconsistency of the intonation was what I couldn't deal with. They are expensive but I just can't see spending that much for a string that at times just won't intonate.

Roe

the monels feel good to me, but they are perhaps a tad stiffer than some other strings (not a major issue though). All the monel strings I've tried have intonated well, but I needed to reset the intonation on the wound strings the first time I installed monel classics. The reason for this is that Pyramid often uses a thinner core than other string manufactureres

rburkard

Platinum Supporting Member
THANKS to you guys, I ordered a couple of sets of Pyramid Nickel Classics (.010-.052) for my Gibson LP. They are stonkingly good, lovely to play (OK, I've only used them for one night, but I couldn't put the damn thing down) and I am an instant fan.
Give them tomorrow, then I'm ordering several more. And I also ordered some Pyramid picks and a set for my Martin D28. How come Germany is so good at so many things?
Thanks you!
:love:
Germany is awesome.

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
I’ve been using the Pyramid Nickel Classics on my guitars for about 10 years. As long as you have clean fingers (you should!) these strings last for a long time.

I usually get them from Strings & Beyond in about 2-3 days.

Trending Topics