Q about buying Analogman TB Phase 90 or stock 90 in a looper

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by geoangus, Dec 17, 2009.

1. geoangus

geoangus Member

Purchasing decision here and I would like to hear your comments/suggestions:

I'm in the market for a MXR 1974 RI Phase 90. I also need a TB loop pedal to get my tuner out of my signal chain. So here's my question:

Do I buy a TB loop pedal w/ tuner out and put the phaser in the loop, or buy an Analogman TB version of the pedal and just get a snuff box.

I'm trying to do the math:

$120 for std Phase 90 + ~$120 for AM loop w/ tuner out = ~$240

$155 for AM TB Phase 90 + ~$50 for a basic TB looper >> ~$205

I know I could go with a TB tuner, but it has to have Buzz Feiten capability, so that really narrows it down (Strobostomp2 $199), and the end package will be around $350, which exceeds the budget.

What would you do?

2. charmboy

charmboy Member

I'd get the modded phase 90. You never know how your setup might change down the road. I try to make as little of my gear dependant on other parts of my rig as possible.

Also, to throw another option at you, you could program in the Buzz Feiten offsets into a Turbo Tuner which only runs at $120

3. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

I have the modded phase 90 from analogman. it's happy in the main chain right after my fuzz. the crap pedals with tone sucking properties i loop out and freshen up with an EP-booster.

4. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

I dont hear any tonesuck with my stock 74 ri