Q: How can you tell someone has lost interest in a recording project?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by decay-o-caster, Oct 24, 2008.

1. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

A: When he breaks a string in the middle of trying to get a part down and instead of changing it, he says "F' it" and grabs another guitar.

The song was (and remains) a disaster, I've been throwing more and more parts at it over the last few days hoping something good will come of it. But no-o-o-o-o-o! So when my Snakehead (think Les Paul) went lame, I grabbed the Keef-o-caster (Tele w/ a 'bucker in the neck), cranked the amp a little, and kept going.

This is just some parts of the song stitched together. The guitars sound amazingly similar, but not exactly the same. But screw it - there's no salvaging the song. Mostly I was just cracking myself up that I didn't feel like getting another damn E string and doing it right.

This is one of my first experiences actually trying to record a cab instead of cheating and using the iso cab. I like it, but I have a lot to learn about getting a decent recorded sound. Not sure how the neighbors feel about it...

2. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Hey DoC, it sounds liek you are on your way with the real-deal cab micing. it is hard for me to hear through the fairly large amount of room verb on the lead to offer any more nuance than that though as far as the micing goes. It sounds like you are zooming in on a good part of the speaker for that particular tone.

3. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Thanks John! There's 'verb on the amp, 'verb in the room, and in desperation, I added a little slapback in the software. Hmmm... Maybe I should throw in some delay and chorusing to see if I can really muddy it up! :eek:

Thanks for the comments.

4. Mike

Mike Member

Hey man, I liked the part at 1:29 where the chords descend and the lick ascends. I have lots of song fragments laying around. I've concluded that it's not that you'll use them, but you're growth comes through using the muscle that creates them and looks for a place for them.

Wow, reading that back, it sounds like some kind of baby farm/smuggling thing.... but hopefully you know what I mean!

Mike

5. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

IT's a really huge Santana type of tone Dave ... nice playing too!!

6. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Mike - well, it kinda read a little like some of those blue pill ads I keep responding - er, dropping into the spam bucket. Yeah, my muscle grows by looking for a place to use it too - but I hear ya! :p

Joseph - I was so caught up in trying to make lemonade here, I never even heard the Santana stolen-tone thing before you mentioned it - yeesh! Sometimes I even humiliate myself, y'know? :eek:

I'm most grateful to you guys for giving it a listen and the kind comments - thanks!

7. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

Nice job, diggin the Santana tone.

8. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

GS6 - amazing the kinds of sounds you can get out of a t-style guitar! Thanks for checking in - dk