QSC K12.2 vs Yamaha dsr112

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Radiovoice1968, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

And a few hundred bucks cheaper.

2. Tele81

Tele81 Member

Bringing this back. I have the QSC k12.2s and a the QSC k10.2. My fiancées guitarist in her band has a pair of the legacy k12s. I will say that the new 12.2s have fixed the harshness issues when turned up and have a smoother more pleasant high end. I’ve heard great things from some saying how clear, Hifi the DSRs sound and others saying that the clear high end can sound a little hard and cause some ear fatigue. More real world opinions directly comparing the new QSC k.2 series (not Legacy) to the DSRs would be great. I’m really enjoying the QSCs but would make the switch if the quality is there. Using as mains with a band 2 guitarist, vocals, keys bass drums. Both myself and the other guitarist are running Line 6 helix direct into board so tones running in this context are paramount for me as well as clarity and quality of the vocals. Getting some subs soon so ability to handle the low end isn’t as important to me as “real ness” warmth and sound quality. Hate me some harsh high end lol.