• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Quad Cortex Poll

Quad Cortex Poll

• Own the Quad Cortex and love it.

Votes: 79 18.9%
  • Owned the Quad Cortex and returned it.

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Owned the Quad Cortex and sold it.

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Anxiously waiting for my order to come up for the Quad Cortex.

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • On the fence if I want a Quad Cortex

Votes: 101 24.2%
  • Not interested in the Quad Cortex

Votes: 184 44.0%
  • Own the Quad Cortex and waiting for updates to decide if I like it

Votes: 10 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madmax25

You're missing a few options:

- Interested in the Quad Cortex but can't afford it
- Interested in the Quad Cortex but can't justify the expense
- Interested in the Quad Cortex but waiting for the product to mature before buying

...but I guess those could all go under 'on the fence'... :rolleyes: :D

Ugly Bunny

Knew it was destined for a return within hours of opening it. But I have a Axe-Fx III, so I had high expectation and to say I was let down would be an understatement. I'm glad that a lot of people love it, but man. It's gonna be years before it has anywhere near the models, features, MIDI implementation, and QoL touches that the Fractal gear has. I had ordered the FM3 before I had even dropped the QC off at FedEx for return.

DeadLazy

I agree that anonymity would help with honest opinions.

“On the fence” was closest to what I am.

I am fairy confident I’ll get a QC one day. I just don’t need it now, or anytime soon. A lot can happen between now and then so I don’t know, ultimately.

Ugly Bunny

Why? What am I missing about this forum that people live in fear about being honest on a poll? I'm really not being facetious; I don't understand why, if this is true, it would be true. In your opinion, will the anonymity make people more honest about disliking the unit or more honest about liking it? From what I've seen, this forum seems to be pretty even-keeled about liking and disliking it. I haven't seen too much vitriol being spit one way or another. Just curious.

zentman

Knew it was destined for a return within hours of opening it. But I have a Axe-Fx III, so I had high expectation and to say I was let down would be an understatement. I'm glad that a lot of people love it, but man. It's gonna be years before it has anywhere near the models, features, MIDI implementation, and QoL touches that the Fractal gear has. I had ordered the FM3 before I had even dropped the QC off at FedEx for return.
Some just like the form factor and the fact that the captures sound better than Fractals models. Don't need 500 models when you can pretty much have any amp or pedal on the planet. IMHO

Last edited:

Guitarzan00

I voted not interested because I've got an FM3. It's got pretty much any amp I ever desired at one point or another, and sounds amazing. If I had still been with the Helix back in the day before it had any Diezel and Revv models (and still doesn't have a 5153) I would have maybe been more interested just based on the capture feature and being able to at the very least obtain some captures of what may be missing. That being said, I had been curious about Kemper for a long time and after reading more about it (and QC) and my limited trial experience with STL tonehub, I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the whole profile hunting paradigm. Surely profiling/capturing is awesome if you have your own amps you love or get lucky to find the right profile, but I don't know that I'd enjoy the search.

James Freeman

Because people are people.

Some care what others think, some don't.
Some want to preserve an image, some don't.
Some have thin skin, some have thick skin.
Some are respectful, others are rude.
Some are careful and hesitant, others are blatant and bold.
And everything in between.

If you want the truth from the entire spectrum of people, you make an anonymous poll/election.

I've voiced my opinion in the other threads PLENTY, and I don't think I have the conscience to soil another one... I feel guilt when I overdo the trash talkin', see that's balance. :p

guitarrob

Some just like the form factor and the fact that the captures sound better than Fractals models. Don't need 500 models when you can pretty much have any amp or pedal on the planet. IMHO
That’s me. I just enjoy having accurate captures of my two favorite amps and several pedals with my preferred settings in a small form factor. The onboard effects and routing capabilities are serviceable and the UI is fantastic. To me, it more than checks enough boxes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom