• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Quad Cortex Poll

Quad Cortex Poll

• Own the Quad Cortex and love it.

Votes: 79 18.9%
  • Owned the Quad Cortex and returned it.

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Owned the Quad Cortex and sold it.

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Anxiously waiting for my order to come up for the Quad Cortex.

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • On the fence if I want a Quad Cortex

Votes: 101 24.2%
  • Not interested in the Quad Cortex

Votes: 184 44.0%
  • Own the Quad Cortex and waiting for updates to decide if I like it

Votes: 10 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RevDrucifer

What about “want to try a Quad Cortex so I can better point out its flaws”. :)
Those are a rare type. I know of two people who have done this and they're both friends of mine. :D

But really, these two particular guys are so loaded that buying something for $1500-$2500 is nothing to them and while I can call them friends, I can also certainly say that their purchasing of these items was done in a "Well, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, so that means my points are more true" kind of way, which was also known by everyone they were discussing/debating with because these particular people have kind of built a personality or character for themselves by the amount of gear they buy.

Of course, their opinions never change after. They'll generally concede that their biases were a little harsh but overall they were still right.

Really, I'm surprised more people don't bother with that and take advantage of wait lists and impatient buyers on Reverb. How's that for a double-banger; buy a product you already decided you don't like to bitch about it and then flip it for profit.

evoL-ution

I have been playing guitar on & off (many years on the Chapman Stick) for about 55 years. I started out using modeling with the Johnson Millennium and then several Roland devices for many years. Then I found the Helix which I used exclusively for about 5 years. Recently I bought the FM3, a great device no doubt. Even more recently, I purchased the Quad Cortex. It is now the one that occupies my pedalboard. I gig 3 or more days a week with it and there's' no turning back at this point. In fact, I like it so much that I have a second one on order. When I have gigs 2 or 3 days in a row, I just leave my gear in the car and have access to all my sounds in the studio at all times. The UI, the amazing way of handling the speaker IR's and the sounds are second to none. Yeah, the effects need some maturing and I'm sure that will happen quickly. My point is "I'm all in with this device" and have faith that over time it will only get better, much better. My two cents...

themightyjay

Had one for a bit and sold it (for what I paid). It‘s way overrated, not finished yet and doesn’t sound particularly great. Kemper/Helix/Fractal killer? Posh Headrush more like.

spikey

Humm I thought we already had a thread for bashing the QC? Now we have bashing in "STEREO"! :argue

Someone suggested I wait and do my praising or snot-blowing (or both) after a play thru it first. Good Idea. After all, it's the only way to be sure.

RevDrucifer

Humm I thought we already had a thread for bashing the QC? Now we have bashing in "STEREO"! :argue

Someone suggested I wait and do my praising or snot-blowing (or both) after a play thru it first. Good Idea. After all, it's the only way to be sure.
If that were the case, it wouldn't have taken 3 weeks for people to find out the flanger and chorus was broken.

JC Scott

Don't need 500 models when you can pretty much have any amp or pedal on the planet. IMHO
No, you can't. Like Kemper, you get a slice of an amp at a particular setting. However, with Kemper profiles, you don't need to capture a DI in order to separate the amp and cab.

zentman

No, you can't. Like Kemper, you get a slice of an amp at a particular setting. However, with Kemper profiles, you don't need to capture a DI in order to separate the amp and cab.
Technically you're correct but I'm good with an amp at a good setting. I can't remember running back and changing settings during my touring years no matter what amp I had. I even marked the knobs so it would be the same. No need to do much once you have an amp humming along where you want it.

Deuterium

Yikes. As I post this, there are 132 total votes. I can't imagine the results (thus far) can be very encouraging to Neural DSP. While it is a tough market, and TGP can be a tough crowd...Neural may wish to do a bit of soul searching and reflection, as to how their product is currently perceived and has been received, in relation to their marketing claims and promises.

spikey

If that were the case, it wouldn't have taken 3 weeks for people to find out the flanger and chorus was broken.
Oh, you would be surprised how long it takes some people to know when they're wrong. Take you for instance... Everyone knows it takes 4 weeks... ;) But I digress, this wasn't about us, was it. It was about BASHING the QC. Let's stay on topic, shall we?

Kevin Thompson

I imagine NDSP is doing just fine with this launch. Now it's just about supporting and adding to the device to ensure continued success. Shipped more than 5000 units. 10,000+ in orders from dealers. Selling all they can produce. Pretty much sold out and not adding any more dealers currently. 100 people on tgp isn't significant. Most musicians I know don't know what tgp is. The ones that have heard of it barely have and aren't members. How many professionals are on here? How many significant youtubers even participate on a regular basis? A gear forum survey doesn't doesn't mean a successful or unsuccessful product. Sorry.

Kevin Thompson

I keep seeing you mention a broken flanger and chorus? To my knowledge it was stated there was a broken code or something in the flanger that was causing it to be too subtle no matter how far you turn up the mix. It was acknowledged and a fix has been ported and will be released in one of the upcoming firmware updates. I've heard nothing about chorus? Did I miss something?

gearitis

Platinum Supporting Member
I was on the fence and almost pre-ordered several times. I thought that I had to pay in full upfront. Was that not the case with Sweetwater? Could you get on the list and then pay when it shipped?

I finally decided to order one even with reports of issues. I figured and hoped that most issues would be worked out by the time mine shipped.

I had stopped following all of the threads on a regular basis and I missed getting an order in before the price increase by a few days. I was shocked to see that the price had jumped up $250. That was a deal breaker for me. I'm out for the foreseeable future.

Kevin Thompson

Or it could mean it’s curtains Kevin.

Can’t a guy even get a civil survey around here.
I like surveys. I was reacting to the comments about tgpers surveys & ndsp better do some soul search reflecting and think about what they've done to draw this mass hate because they're about to go out of business. Like Doug is just crying sliding down the shower wall in defeat every night after visiting tgp. It's silly.

Top Bottom