Quadraverb Replacement?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Pup, Jan 22, 2015.

1. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

I am replacing my old Quadraverb(s) which reside in the effects loop of their respective amps.

Amp 1 ('63 Vox "like" circuit): I just ordered Neunaber's mono Echo and Reverb pedals. I also ordered a Ebtech LLS-2 Line Level Shifter 2-Channel Box because this amp's loop is line-level. I have no idea if this will work (TBD).

Amp 2 (Marshall head): This amp's loop has an "instrument" level option.

So, please recommend a high-quality Quadraverb replacement (pedal) for Amp 2. I can live with a reverb only option--although I can accommodate a reverb and delay in the budget.

Thanks in advance.

2. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Eventide Space, it's the best rack unit in a pedal form.
    Might be too much if you are going to use just a few presets though.

If you just want a simple pedal that does the work, Boss RV3.

3. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Do you like the Quadraverb sounds and do you use the swirl parameter?

If so, as mentioned, the Space is a worthy replacement. Lexicon verbs are also quite comparable to Alesis verbs, so the Digitech Polara might work + the Supernatural has 3 modes (Plate, Plate Mod, Spring) that are pretty normal.

Alesis delays are pretty standard digital offerings, so unless you're using the filters or ping pong, anything would do. DD-something, perhaps.

4. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

I'd say eventide H9 max. Everything you could possibly want in one little multi-box with presets. Even mount a ipad on mic stand as a controller/editor.

Or go with core and pick your needed modules.
    http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/H9Core/index.htm

But hey if your already rack friendly I wouldn't hesitate for second digging up a Lexicon PCM on eBay if price was right.

5. Catch

Catch Analog>Digital Converter

Strymon BigSky. I replaced my Quadraverb with it and the Strymon Timeline (reverb and delay respectively with hundreds of presets).

6. The Pup

Thanks for the replies so far.

7. baseggio

baseggio Member

Do you use any patches with more than one effect? Seems to me like the H9 wouldn't be such a hot replacement for that?

8. The Pup

True--I am looking for something simple to use; but, I could make most anything work. Usually by posting the question on TGP, I stumble upon something I had not considered before.