• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Quartersawn Warmoth Roasted Maple Incoming this week

snouter

Something to look forward to. I had to have this Warmoth Pro Strat neck custom made since 1 3/4" nut widths are not as popular as the usual. They overestimate build times which is perfectly fine. Features unbeveled Jescar frets and an Earvana nut.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it - been thinking of getting something along those lines from either Warmoth or Musikraft.

doghouseman

I just got a new warmoth guitar and neck. Took about 8 weeks. Well worth it. I wish they could have given me a heads up as to when exactly it was coming, but they said they couldn't do that. No big deal the quality is worth the wait and it was a nice surprise when it arrived.

SPROING!

I put a Warmoth Birdseye maple neck on my brother's old J bass recently. They make a very nice product, indeed.

JosephCurwen

I can't endorse Warmoth necks enough. Years ago I built a frankenstrat using a birdseye maple neck with a V-profile from them. The birdseye, which they rated at their regular non-AAA level, was stunning, the neck hasn't budged in all the years of playing and moving around, and the fit and finish were second to none. I truly love that neck.

So when I began restoring and upgrading my '93 Korean Squier whose neck was a weak link, I went back to them and bought a flame maple neck with a scalloped pau ferro board. Came MUCH faster than their estimate (a matter of days rather than weeks) and was stunning. I had to dress and level the frets only very very minimally, and it plays like a dream.

Both necks are solid as rocks, resonate tremendously, and have great clarity and bite.

From now on, it's all Warmoth for me.

snouter

I got my roasted maple neck on Friday. Very impressed. The fit in the neck pocket of the soloist body I got during their sale is perfect. Boring video of it upcoming. It still has a slight maple syrup scent. :p I am going to put gold Planet Wave tuners on it to match the fret and inlay color and round the fret ends with a Stew Mac fret file and double check the fret level, then figure out what wiring to go with a pair of humbuckers.

stratter

If I were looking for wiring mods, I would think you would get more results from looking at LP mods with master volume, and master tone. If you already have a pre-drilled pickguard, then I would just stick to regular wiring.

snouter

This has a little of that three dimensional thing going on in the grain. Definitely thinking of getting more roasted maples for basses and other guitars.

Last edited:

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member
This has a little of that three dimensional thing going on in the grain. Definitely thinking of getting more roasted maples for basses and other guitars.

This going to be a killer axe!

FYI, that shifting of the grain pattern you are seeing is the same thing that you see when you look at a tiger's eye quartz or a star sapphire. There is a word for that property. It is called "chatoyance".

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member
Wow how do I get one of these?
They are gone. Generally whenever we get a batch like this we announce it on our Facebook page, and these sold out in a day.

I can tell you that we have a TON of highly flamed Roasted Maple in the warehouse right now that will be turned into necks over the next weeks/months/year. You just have to keep your eyes on Facebook, and your wallet ready. :)

71strat

Heres something else 1 can do and what I did.

Go to Sharps Lumber And ask about their Torrified Highly Flamed Maple Boards to be used for guitar necks. They used to supply Fender.. You can probably get enough wood to get 3 blanks for around $125 shipping, and cut into 3 blanks included. I believe they have a $100 minimum order.

Then you can send it to Tommy at USA Custom Guitars and he will make a neck for you. Simple as that. Also IMHO USACG fret jobs are second to none and many respected builders use them for their necks. I wont mention names. Tommy was the #1 guy at Warmoth for the 1st 15 years and his right hand guy.. Rob Stone was head of Fender Custom Shop and Quality control for 10+ years. So they put out a great and consistent product.

I sent them a Roasted Flame Maple blank from Sharps and an African Blackwood Fret Board blank.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Speaking of Warmoth Roasted Maple necks, did you guys see these:

We did a small run of highly flamed roasted Maple necks that just came out stunning.
STOP ... STOP making me want!

It's roasted and it's flamed ... doesn't get any hotter than that.

Trending Topics