Quest For New Delay...not Your Typical Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by asandman, Jan 29, 2008.

1. asandman

asandman Member

While not popular among others around here, I am on the quest to replace my Line 6 DL4. While there are quite a few things I dislike about this pedal, I must say that the sweeping delays, looping, reverse, presets and expression pedal control features on the DL4 are very useful for the music I make. However, due to pedalboard real estate and signal issues, I am looking for suggestions and/or input from others with similar pedals. I play only original music that is fairly hard rock not cheezy glam rock but more along the lines of Kyuss. The pedals that I have thought of are:
    1. Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazari
    2. Boss DD-20
    3. RetroMan KopyKat
    4. Gig-FX Pro Chop
    5. T.C. Electronics Nova Delay
    Any input would greatly be appreciated.
    ASANDMAN
    :eek:

2. redpill

redpill Member

I know this is cheating, but...have Pumaman make you a new custom pedalboard with more space?

3. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

You won't be happy until you at least try a TimeFactor. It does all the stuff you need. Well.

John

4. iggs

iggs Member

I have the Kopy Kat and before getting it, looked at Nova. I also looked at a friend's DD-20.

I really like the Kopy Kat and I'm very happy I got it. Had the Diamond Memory Lane before it. Kopy Kat is simple but sounds awesome. I really wanted two delay times but not just a long/short choice, so KK really works great with two discreet delay settings. Expression pedal input and send/return loop are two big bonuses, haven't used it yet but plan on as soon as I get a bigger pedalboard and can fit it all! The sweetness control works very well for darkening the repeats as it compresses them more as well, in addition to cutting treble. It's quiet and TB.

Plus, Joe's awesome to deal with and his builds are immaculate.

5. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

Seems like these days I can't even be bothered to explain why. :D

TimeFactor. Do it.

6. starfish

starfish Supporting Member

Ditto Timefactor. There's nothing out there that does filtered delays as good as the TF. It's considerably smaller than the Line6 too. :)

7. JohnLutz

JohnLutz Supporting Member

Re: TimeFactor - The version 2.0 update is really nice. Just on the digital delay setting, you get a knob for modulation and a filter knob that ranges from lo-fi to pristine to "analog".

John

8. asandman

asandman Member

Thanks for everyone's input thus far....PLEASE KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS COMING.

I would love to get a ToneCzar setup with an Echoczar, Angelbaby, and a VFM but that is salty.

9. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

The ToneCzar doesn't, for all practical purposes, exist. ;)

10. KagakuNinja

KagakuNinja Member

While I love my Timefactor, it does not do reverse loops (yet) and I am still waiting for them to really fix the looper (the 2.0 software helps, but isn't there yet). It does have a reverse delay however.

If they fixed the looper then it would totally kill the DL4.

11. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

*fingers crossed* I'll be disappointed if the looper isn't perfect in the final release of 2.0, for sure.

12. thefacelessnate

thefacelessnate Member

Im getting pumped for the Empress Super Delay... although its not out yet. The Timefactor is great as well.

13. DrGonzo

DrGonzo Gold Supporting Member

Get the TimeFactor. It sounds amazing, is very flexible and has software update capabilities! I have faith in Eventide that the bugs will be worked out in the final 2.0 release.

With a 3 button TRS switch and an expression pedal you have a monster delay/looper on your board all in one. :AOK