Question about accidentally plugging multi effect output into amp send.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sugarfreeze, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Sugarfreeze

Sugarfreeze Member

Greetings,

I have a regular stack guitar amp and I accidentally plugged my multi effect unit's output into my amp's send instead of the return. However, I was able to still hear some guitar sounds, although not very clear. I only discovered later that it was plugged incorrectly.

My question is why was I able to hear my guitar signal given that it was initially plugged into the send? Isn't the send an output signal path? Also, could this cause any damage to either my amp or guitar?

I am not knowledgeable in the circuitry of this type of gear in general, so I appreciate any advice or feedback! Thanks a lot!

2. donnyjaguar

donnyjaguar Member

This would take a bit of studying of the schematic. It also probably qualifies as a "who cares" kinda thing.

3. Billion81

Billion81 It'd be a whole lot cooler if you did. Gold Supporting Member

This is awful...You have ruined everything. I have often heard of the resistance conundrum as those that experience it seldom live to tell the tale.

oh..anyway, Not sure what you did here in terms of anything harmful - clearly a bit baffled as to how you got signal out of the speaker.

Couldn't be worse than a client at my studio calling asking why he wasn't getting any signal out of my Metro Super Bass only to arrive back at our studio to see what's what and find he has the Speaker out going into the Return of the Effects Loop. Fail..

4. Zingeroo

Zingeroo Member

Does your stuff still work? If it does, good. Quit worrying about it.

5. eschoendorff

eschoendorff Member

:munch