• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Question about backing up with Windows..

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
So when you back up your PC...does it recognize files that have been previously backed up, and not back them up again? And if you have since deleted files from your PC that you previously backed up, it keeps them stored on your back up drive, right? Prob stupid questions..just want to make sure I'm understanding the process.

Dancing Frog

Yes, it recognizes files that have been previously backed up, and it keeps files stored that have been previously backed up. But it will only back up items in the user's "my documents" directory. So if you want automatic back ups, do your work in the my documents directory.

I also hardily suggest that with anything of high importance that you back it up manually somewhere else just in case.

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for that info DF! Also I just realized I put this in the wrong forum. Whoops.

Trending Topics