Question about bouncing tracks on the Boss BR1600

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by yakyak, Jan 4, 2008.

1. yakyak

yakyak Supporting Member

Just getting started on the Boss BR1600. Have 4 tracks of drums,2 guitars, bass, and vocals recorded on 8 tracks right now. We want to mix down the drums to 2 tracks(stereo). The manual is very confusing about this. According to the manual, all 8 tracks have to be bounced down to 2 tracks. Surely there is a way to bounce just the 4 tracks of drums down. Anyone have any experience with this? All help appreciated. Thanks!!

2. DanR

DanR Member

I have owned the Boss BR-8 for a very long time. I'm not sure if our machines are similar, but the BR-8 has a 'bounce' button which bounces all tracks to your specified location. If your works similarly, simply keep the faders on the tracks you don't want to bounce all the way down. That's how it works with the BR-8.

3. yakyak

yakyak Supporting Member

Thanks Dan! We were thinking that might be the case, but we didn't want to mess up anything that we had already done. Will give it a go.....Robert

4. paulscape

paulscape Member

I have the BR1200CD and just ordered the BR1600CD. I think they're both similar operating systems and so you should be able to bounce anything anywhere you like. Like DanR said, just flick the switch to bounce and any tracks you dont want bounced turn their faders to zero. It will only bounce the tracks you have faders up. Occasionally there is 'bleed' where the music from tracks with faders set at zero still comes through. When this happens use the 'mute track' button to mute those tracks completely. It doesn't happen very often but has happened on the BR1200...usually when Ive done a lot of takes over each other.