Question about clean boost vs. footswitch boost

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by el nino, Feb 8, 2012.

1. el nino

el nino Member

The other day i was with a friend and we played with his Rivera that has killer footswitch with a boost for solo,i have never put much thought in this (since i play Marshalls and use just guitars volume knob for boosting solo) but how different would it be to get an EP Booster or something similar (recommend me something?) for my Marshall and comparing that to a footswitch boost of Rivera?

i know that sheer volume of the clean boost of a pedal would be enough,but would i get that thick juicy,and sort of easy to play sustain you get with a foostswitch boost?and NOT get mud and lose deffinition...

be gentle cause i am kind of newbie when it comes to this sort of stuff :)

2. TheAmpFactory

TheAmpFactory Member

FatBoost3 is what I use. very happy with it.
    depends how much headroom you have available on amp.
    Good thing with the FB3, is that you can have 100% clean boost (just a vol increase) or you can have that with an extra gain stage for gritter solos that bite!. - and also has a 2 pass EQ so you can dial in or out freq you desire at higher vol.

3. el nino

el nino Member

cool and44 was thinking also few months ago about fatboost but gave up when i saw price in my country...in my country if i put it in dollars (for most of you guys here) it was 350$ and that was REALLY too much for me for a pedal :)