• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Question about controlling two amps at the same time

ArtDecade

I have two Vox amps that I run when I need more volume at gigs, but I only have one VFS-2a footswitch for controlling the reverb and tremolo functions. I'd like to be able to set up one amp for subtle tremolo and be able to bring the reverb in and out on both amps. Is there a way to split the signal to both of the amps? Any ideas would be helpful.

Randy

Silver Supporting Member
I looked into doing something like this once and although I never tried it, the Sound Sculpture Footsim looked like it would work. You would use a basic MIDI footswitch to control the switching functions on multiple amps:

http://www.soundsculpture.com/footsim

stevel

My idea is probably not what you want to hear, but you should be using a PA, mic'ing the guitar, and running it back into a monitor if you need more sound than what the amp will generate (in order to hear yourself). You shouldn't be trying to carry the room with your amp(s).

Otherwise, get some outboard effects and put them before some kind of splitter (ABY) and you can run your reverb to both amps that way, and still step on the switch to put tremolo on one of them. A digital reverb with an expression pedal will allow you to bring the reverb in and out (increase the amount, as opposed to just on and off, which is what I think you mean).

Mark.B

Just use it on one amp and turn the reverb up higher. The same signal is going into both amps, right?