Question about Digitech FS3X Footswitch Possibility.....????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Johnny Luco, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Johnny Luco

Johnny Luco Member

Hello

I use a Digitech FS3X (3 button) footswitch to add extra functions to my Jamman Looper pedal. I'm looking to pick up a Digitech Trio (Band I a Box) pedal this week which also can use the functionality of the FS3X footswitch.

My question is, would it be possible to put the FS3X through a A/B switch type pedal so that I can use it with both the Jamman & the Trio as required....?

Thanks

Johnny

2. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

@DigiTechRep would be the dude to ask!

The only problem I'd see you running into would be that I think the FS3X uses a TRS cable. Not sure if any old ABY would have TRS jacks.

3. CEFlint

CEFlint Member

The cable is a TRS cable, so you'd need some kind of stereo switcher. A regular AB/Y won't get it.

You'd need stereo in and 2 stereo outs. Preferably all TRS.

Aside from that, I think the theory would work, but probably a custom build.

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

In theory, it might be possible. It'd need to be a completely passive device, and can't be a regular A/B (since the FS3X uses a TRS cable, as has been pointed out). So you'd need to wire up something special to do this. And then there's the matter of what the pedal the FS3X is not currently connected to does, when it senses a plug in the jack with nothing connected to it.

5. Johnny Luco

Johnny Luco Member

Guys, thank you very much for the input.....much appreciated, I had a feeling it wouldn't be straight forward.

I know of a company in the UK who does all manner of switcher/loop type pedals and one off custom builds, I'll approach this guy and see what he thinks is possible.

If he comes up with a solution and I get it made I'll be sure to post & share.

Thanks again

Johnny