• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Question about Dunlop Brick

monty

I have 9 9V pedals and 1 18V pedal.
Can I use a daisy chain so I can just use this unit to power all of them?
Thanks!

stinkfoot

As long as the 9vDC pedals don't draw more than 375mA combined, it's safe.

And before someone chimes in saying the Brick has 1000mA capacity: the other 625mA are available from the 18vDC jacks. :D

/Andreas

aziltz

As long as the 9vDC pedals don't draw more than 375mA combined, it's safe.

And before someone chimes in saying the Brick has 1000mA capacity: the other 625mA are available from the 18vDC jacks. :D

/Andreas

agreed. i've got one on my board. :BEER

testing1two

Platinum Supporting Member
Technically, the DC Brick can power seven 9V pedals and three 18V pedals. Depending on the pedals you use, some 9V pedals will operate fine if you plug them into an 18V power supply (i.e. Fulltone) but it changes the tone, sometimes for the better. Let me issue one word of caution about the DC Brick--the power supply is not built into the brick. You have to use their external AC adapter which is slightly smaller than Texas. It ruins an otherwise clean pedalboard and puts a bulky adapter on the floor within a few feet of your audio cables. You'll notice they never show that in the product pictures.

You would probably be better off with a T-Rex Fuel Tank: http://www.t-rex-engineering.com/Default.aspx?ID=2&ProductID=PROD7&VariantID=

cedjazz

I have a DC Brick with all 10 plugs used. It works fine 99% of the time. But the one time it didn't was strange/alarming.

When I plugged it in on a gig, All the lights on my pedals AND the DC Brick were flashing. I unplugged for a few minutes and tried again with the same result. I returned it for repair(they have a great technical support team there). No problems since.

One other word of caution. The cord on the AC adaptor is very thin, could be accidentally sliced easily. I had a "heavy" bass player's chair leg choking the life out of it one time. It survived.

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
The Power for mine is the same size as a OneSpot, but yes would have been better with just a regular chord.

Now I wonder if my Diamond J Drive can run on 18v???

Rob Taft

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, Agree with "stinkfoot". No problems with my power brick. I don't find the AC adapter to be that large compared to other pedals I own. rob

Trending Topics