question about my 57 twin & a leslie pedal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by slowhandjr, Dec 17, 2009.

1. slowhandjr

slowhandjr Member

I use my 57 twin with a rec tube pulled & love the tone. I don't want to use an overdrive pedal so I want to leave everything as is. My question is, I want to add a leslie pedal HK rotosphere or a boss rt20 & need to know how its going to sound in front of the 57 twin? There is no effects loop so it will be before the breakup, will that work or will it sound like crap??

2. amc

amc Member

the h&k tube rotosphere is the best sounding leslie simulator, but.........
    it is a rather noisy pedal if you don't have an effects loop and have to plug it straight into the front end of the amp.

the boss rt20 has less extraneous noise than the tube rotosphere but to my ears does not sound as good as the rotosphere.

this is based upon personal experience as i own and use both these leslie simulators

just my 2 cents................

3. slowhandjr

slowhandjr Member

Thanks!! I appreciate your input. Both of those pedals seem to be the best out there, I'm concerned with running it before the breakup of the amp. I'm not sure how that will sound.

4. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Both units are good simulators. If you use the RT20 I recommend trying out a boost or overdrive instead of the build in drive as it can have a pretty big volume boost when added.

5. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

Just get a True bypass looper for the Rotosphere.
    [​IMG]
    The Keeley Looper! aka JAPANESE APARTMENT!

Make any effect True-Bypass!

How much is tone worth?!?! These little boxes will allow you to make a pedal true-bypass, or give you the ability to create 'pre-sets' for only $85!

This is an incredibly small true-bypass looper box from Keeley Electronics! This little wonder is only 1.5 inches wide and 3 2/3 inches long. This will fit in the tightest of pedal boards and offer you a dramatic improvement in tone. Connect any effect to this unit that is "old school" and not true-bypass. In particular Vintage wahs, echoes, phasers, fuzz face type pedals, etc., or even new effects that might have a weak bypass system. These elderly effects rob tone when they are off. Now You can make them truly bypassed when off with this little box. Works with or without power. When you add a DC supply to this unit the two LED let you know if the loop is active or not. BLUE LED indicates your signal is passing through the vintage effect, RED LED indicates true-bypass. STOP TONE DRAIN!

6. slowhandjr

slowhandjr Member

I think I'm going to try the boss, it's $149.99 @ guitar center & I can return it in 30 days if I'm not diggin it!