Question about Pedalboard patch units...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ROTHNROLL, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

Hello..
    Has anyone used this one their board?
    http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=90
    [​IMG]
    I am thinking about putting it on the right bottom side of my board and wiring it up so that my cables come from the same side.

Is it possible to mount this under the board and drill a few holes so that you plug directly into the board.. like on some of the trailer trash boards that I have seen?

2. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

3. jdh4him

jdh4him Member

I'm a bit confused...is there no switch to take the loop out? If not, why would you need this...would your Send from the amp go to your first effect, and the Return to the last effect? I use a Keeley Looper, but its got a switch so I can take all the loop effects out if I want to...

FYI...If you want to get "fancy", and if you're interested, I've got an extra "PedalSnake" that keeps all the cables back and forth from your board to your amp in one, clean cable...is perfect for a quick, plug-in to your looper. See link below if you're not familiar with the PS...
    http://www.pedalsnake.com/

Dan
    Dan

4. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

It's not an effects loop. You plug your guitar to the "in" and your amp intothe "out" that way your cables come off of the same side

-------

Make life a little easier the next time you set up your pedalboard. Route your effects inputs and outputs to this unit's "send" and "receive" jacks permanently. Then, when you open your pedalboard, all you have to do is connect your amplifier cable to the "out" jack on top of the patch unit and your guitar to the "in" jack and you're done with your signal chain.
    ----------

5. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

So, back on Topic..
    I wanted to either place this one top with my pedals or side mount it... so that my amp and Guitar plug directly into the Pedalboard.

What I mean by side mounting is by drilling a few holes in the Pedaltrain and installing it from the inside so that the 2 plugs are now part o the pedalboard.

6. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

Ok fixed..
    :)

7. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I kinda get the impression that there are 2 more jacks on the other side fellas......
    It's a simple patch unit to help out with tidyness IMO

8. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

[​IMG]
    Yes you wire it into your board so that your cable's going from your guitar to the board and from the board to the amp come from the same place... same side

9. fuel37

fuel37 Supporting Member

I have a similar box that Greg at SolidGoldFX built me. It's basically to make the plugging in of your board quicker (send and receive both at one place) and it helps to take the strain of constantly plugging/unplugging off the jacks on your pedals.

10. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I use a cheap behringer (sorry!)hum destroyer to do the same thing. It has 2 ins and 2 , its built in a rugged metal box and costs nothing.

11. tweedtone

tweedtone Member

I have one on each of two pedalboards and like them a lot. One reason that I got 'em was having a singer walk over a few times too many and shear off a cable with an ill-placed foot.

12. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

Where did you place them?
    GOt any pics?

13. tweedtone

tweedtone Member

I'll post a pic tonight when I get home but I generally put them at the top right of my boards. I got a guitar-to-board cable from Lava with right-angle jacks on each end, further minimizing the chance of LSSO (Lead Singer Shear_Off).

14. Mike33

Mike33 Member

15. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

If you put it in the upper right.. wouldn't your guitar cable drape over your pedalboard?:

16. jrm

jrm Member

Yes, I use a custom unit built by Chris at Pedalboard Junction. I plug everythign into that box. It has a switch for my tuner (so I can tune silently and keep the Tu2 out of my chain), a loop bypass switch so I can bypass my whoel board and go straight to my amp, and a set of switchable inputs so I can hook my primary guitar and a backup at the same time and switch between them as needed. It's pretty sweet!

Now I've just got to get a pedalsnake!

17. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

18. jrm

jrm Member

Chris is a good guy and his product is great. If you get one, I hope you enjoy it.

19. tweedtone

tweedtone Member

Here's a board I put together for a pickup gig with a rockabilly trio last Saturday. No problem with, um, cord drapeage. :)
    BOSS delay is for slapback, Ibanez delay is for ALbert Lee-style chasing echo.

[​IMG]

And just for fun, here's the jam-at-home rig:
    [​IMG]

20. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

the best for the $$$

hopperpedals.com

pretty sick. keep an eye on this company. i see it taking over where dboggs left off.