1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Rumpelstiltskin Pickups

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Hulakatt, May 21, 2011.

1. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

Anybody use their strat pickups? I recall hearing good things about their tele pickups but I would like to hear from anyone with experience with them.

I'm specifically looking at their pre-CBS standard wind although I am open to persuasion :)

2. SMark

SMark Member

I have the Rumpel Gypsy set, slightly tweaked with a few more winds on the bridge pickup. I love them, and they now have a permanent place in my Vintage White Strat...

3. gmann

gmann Member

Well if that video doesn't convince you then I don't know. I have several sets. I have a set of '54's in a guitar and they are amazing sounding. Of course Aaron winds these with the correct wire and magnet type for that yr. The magnets are bevelled and aged to look right in the guitar. You can get them unaged as well. I also have a set of his Experience pickups which have a reverse stagger to emulate the stagger on Hendrix' guitars when he flipped the rightys over to play lefthanded. These sound amazing as well but totally different, again being made with the correct wire and magnets. He's great to deal with and can wind these and others with any mods you might need or something totally customized for you. His prices are very reasonable and he has a fast turnaround time. I've no experience with his pre-CBS set but can only imagine they would sound great and be accurate as well. I have several of his Tele/B'caster sets and am extremely happy with them. I think he's the best thing going.

4. Hulakatt

After exchanging a few emails with Aaron I took the plunge and ordered a set of the pre-cbs wind. So far wonderful to deal with. Unfortunately, I have quite a bit more parts to accumulate before the guitar finally goes together so I won't hear how they sound for a few more months.

5. SMark

SMark Member

Good for you! All I can say is that I'm really pleased with what Aaron has wound for me. He has an amazing way of taking verbal descriptions of tone and winding pickups to nail them.

6. Hulakatt

After the order I was quoted 2 weeks till shipment. I just received shipping info less than 4 days after ordering. Certainly no room to knock service here :)

7. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Aaron's a great guy to deal with and makes a wonderful product to top it off.

8. thrashmetl

thrashmetl Supporting Member

Aaron has by far the best customer service I've dealt with in the guitar industry and believe me I've been difficult. I always make it worth his while when I'm difficult though. Aaron is the man!