Question About SansDisk Flash Drives

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Campfired, May 5, 2016.

1. Campfired

Campfired Member

Purchased 2 64GB Sansdisk flash drives (thumb drives) for storing some of my more important documents away from my computer.

According to SansDisk, it is possible to encrypt these documents (or more accurately, require password protection for access) if one desires this.

My concern is that both flash drives are likely needed to be accessible to family in case the might need to view these documents for financial reasons.

My question is, is it necessary to password protect these flash drives, or is it possible to use these flash drives without requiring a password for access?

2. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

Gamma Ray detection station on Mt. Kwakkleberry
    Should be able to just drag and drop. I have some Passports that have all the encryption stuff but I bypass it, drag and drop and it's no prob. I also had some thumb drives like that, the only thing is the partition needed changed if you aren't going to use the secure side.... and that's easy to do.

If it's really sensitive info though, I think I'd want to password protect and then just make sure someone else has the password.

shane8 likes this.
  3. kc_hubbs

kc_hubbs Member

Above poster is correct.

All I ever use is Sandisk products. You can just simply drag and drop.

shane8 likes this.