Question about spkr cable

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by musicman1, Feb 16, 2012.

1. musicman1

musicman1 Member

I have an old PV Special 130 that was my main gigging amp for many years. Its been in storage and I know the spkr (Black Widow) is shot. I have an extra Emi Swamp Thang laying around and Im going to check the amp out to make it sure it works then replace the blown Black Widow w/the ST.

Question is, the spkr cable to the BW has bare wire ends as the BW had clip in terminal connections while the SW uses blade terminals.

Since I absolutely cant solder anything and dont own an iron, can I purchase a pre-made spkr cable approx 2-3 foot with a 1/4" jack on one end and blades on the other and if so where from?

Also, if I bought blAdes at say Radio Shack, can they just be crimped onto the bare wire or must they be soldered on? Im sure soldering is the correct method but again Im a soldering idiot.

Thanks in advance.

2. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I believe Lava cables makes them.

I also believe I have one sitting around the house I'm not using I could sell you cheaply if you're interested.

3. musicman1

musicman1 Member

Ive actually answered my own question. MF sells a Planet Waves cable for $20.00 and my local amp tech has one for $12.00. Done deal!

4. gulliver

gulliver Member

I think I saw one recently in the emporium, but you can't beat the MF one.