Question concerning reliability issues with Diezel Herbert.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bazguitarman, Jul 24, 2008.

1. bazguitarman

bazguitarman Member

I have a once in a lifetime chance to purchase a high end amp and I am considering a Diezel Herbert. While researching the amp I decided to check out the Harmony Central user reviews on the Herbert. Now, I know you have to take the HC user reviews with a grain of salt. But most of the time those reviews are cotton candy lies about how great a product is.

I was more than suprised to read many very negative reviews of the Herbert head. Major reliability issues and not just a couple of bad reviews. I thought Diezel amps were reputed to be very reliable. Now I am concerned.

A couple of those bad reviews mentioned unhappy players that post on this forum. In fact one of the reviews said that multiple posters here had problems with their Diezel Herbert. So I decided to drop by and ask if that information was true or not.

I would appreciate it if someone can give me the straight scoop on these supposed reliability issues. Any information positive or negative will help out a great deal.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. jcj

jcj Member

I've had 4 Diezels over the last 3 or 4 years, 2 at the same time, over a period of about a year and a half.

I had one minor problem, with one of my heads.

Peter fixed it himself, when he was here for NAMM.

I've never had better customer service. Really. I'd buy another in a second.

The legit problems that I've heard of, were mostly tube related, but there have been a few cases of "pilot error" :)

3. bazguitarman

bazguitarman Member

Thank you sir. From what I've found it looks lke there were a lot of failures with the Ruby tubes that used to come in the power section. I've asked around here, rig-talk and the HCAF and can't find any "real" problems. Just a lot of positive support for Peter and his products.

Appreciate the feedback brother.

Eric

4. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

had three

still have two

no prolblems:hide

5. Wizard of Ozz

Wizard of Ozz Silver Supporting Member

Hi Eric,

Unfourtunately most of those so-called "reviews" were written by juveniles who have more than likely never seen nor never played any Diezel product at all... let alone moved out of their parents home. I'd take them with about 1 metric ton of salt. :D

I have had my Herbert for 4 years with absolutely zero issues.