Question for all you cats.(opinions needed)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by JamesNylen, May 15, 2006.

1. JamesNylen

JamesNylen Member

Alright this was a jam that turned into a song. It was recorded the first day we(me and drummer) played together in less than an hours time. So I realize it is neither tight nor is it of good recording quality. We were not really focusing on that stuff since it was the first time we played together and didnt expect much since we were only jamming. Fast foward to now and we are now forming a band and some people seem to like the song and some don't . The question is do you think we should refine the song and rerecord it or should we just forever let it be a demo? I know musical taste are subjective so I realize some wont like it but maybe you can give an opinion on what made you not like it(minus the recording quality and how sloppy we were. we already realize that part).All opinions are welcome. We just dont want to put good effort into rerecording it if people wont like it and it won't bring in fans for shows.

Its the first song "David James demo"

at www.myspace.com/alongmyway

Thanks, James

2. JamesNylen

JamesNylen Member

3. scottlr

scottlr Member

I think with the right lyrics and vocalist it could be pretty cool. Nice chord progression and a decent preliminary arrangement. If the vocal was melodic and not screaming, the tune would be pretty catchy from a riff standpoint. I'd work on it if it were mine.

Then again, I don't hear any vox on the other songs on your page. If you mean for it to be instrumental, then again, I say yes, go for it. It is a decent chord progression, and has a pleasing vibe.

4. JamesNylen

JamesNylen Member

Ah I have not found the right vocalist yet. Its hard being 20.... Everyone is figuring out what they want to do in life at this age, and the only two singers that I considered both moved far away to persue things other than music....such is life. Best of luck to 'em

5. captainT

captainT Member

Good groove! Sometimes the best songs usually come from a jam its true feeling at that moment. Maybe just figure out a set structure for the tune.

6. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

You and the drummer seemed to be locked up quite well...
    find a vocalist....good tune......

7. OleRoy

OleRoy Member

Go for it and wear it out...I hope to hear it on the radio in the next couple of years.

Cool tune...has a little bit of a Queensryche vibe to it to me.

Good luck with your music.

RC