Question for Cioks DC-10/TC-10 users!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by minjason, Feb 28, 2012.

1. minjason

minjason Member

I am currently powering my Boss RC-300 (which requires 9V 320mA) on the last outlet of my TC-10 (on the 9V side). Is it conceivable that I could use the 12V side on that same outlet to power a pedal that can take 12V and only requires 4 mA? This way, the power draw of the two pedals would still be under 400mA, which is what that outlet can supply...sorry if that's a bit difficult to follow. I just really want to avoid having to add a walwart just for a pedal that only draws 4mA. I know this would mean the two pedals would not be isolated, but I'm wondering if anyone has done this successfully.

2. minjason

minjason Member

btw, the pedal I'm planning to use on the 12V side would be the Lizard Leg Effects Flying Dragon Boost, which I'm told can be powered at anything from 9V to 18V.

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I don't see a problem in doing that. Or you can use a "Y" power cable to power it via any other 9V tap along w/ another pedal.

The Boss is digital and the boost is analog, so it shouldn't be a problem. If both effects were digital, then it would be more problematic.

4. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

Ya, I think that should work just fine, the outlet has a total of 400 mA, which you are under, so it should not be a problem, you could always email Cioks to get a definitive answer.