Question for Effectrode users

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by robcollins, Feb 26, 2010.

1. robcollins

robcollins Member

I am looking at getting a couple of the Effectrode range of pedals and have a question.

I briefly had a Tube Vibe last year (for about 30 minutes , it arrived damaged and I got a refund as the dealer didn't have any more in stock) and I noticed the knobs wobbled because they were not attached to the chassis , just the circuit board so it didn't feel particularly well built.

Have Effectrode changed this since my experience - I had mine delivered mid 2009?

thanks

2. peridot1

peridot1 Member

I bought my tube drive last December. Seems pretty solid to me no problems. Only one pedal though but because of it I'm looking at the vibra-chorus and vibe if I can swing it. Expensive but I'm trying to get the best possible sound direct to board.

3. rewog

rewog Member

The Effectrode pots do have long shafts, but I believe it says on the website that they're using a bush at the top now for support.

4. robcollins

robcollins Member

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm going to look into a vibrachorus and phaseomatic.

5. NewarkWilder

NewarkWilder Member

ive got the tube vibe and vibra chorus and would never dream of letting either of them go, and they've given me no trouble whatsoever. great stuff.

6. 4Delays

4Delays Member

amazing sounding pedals

7. rewog

rewog Member

I agree.

The Vibe is in a class of it's own IMO.

8. boogiejem

boogiejem Silver Supporting Member

These pedals are hard to come by here in the UK and seem to be made in small batches. I waited for around a year to get the Phaseomatic and it's had pride of place on my pedalboard ever since. Only reservation I would have about getting the Vibe or VC would be how different they sounded to the Phaseomatic.