1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Question for folks with TONS of pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jb4674, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jb4674

jb4674 Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

Here's a question for those of you that own more than 20 or 30 pedals. How do you store all those pedals? Do you simply throw them in a plastic bin? Put them in their original boxes and then throw them in a plastic bin? Or do you simply stack them somewhere in a corner? Pictures are welcomed if you have them.

2. Jammer2393

Jammer2393 Member

(que that one guy with the refrigerator full)

3. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

if they arent on one of the 4 pedalboards I own, they are placed in a tupperwear bin...

4. Brian

Brian Member

Plastic milk crate,ortwo!:messedup

5. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

I usually have a couple boards wired up, and spare pedals on a another board ready to mix/match new stuff. Once I'm FOR SURE not interested for a lil while, they go in drawers with some silica packets (like come in new boxes) to help with any moisture.

But, 90% of the time, 90% of my pedals are out on my table in the music room.

6. onyxrhino

onyxrhino Member

I've got one large pedalboard I keep about a quarter of them on. The rest are strewn about my home office. Some on a bookshelf, some on my desk, some scattered on the floor. I really need to clean it up one of these days.

7. Catmouth

Catmouth Member

In their boxes where applicable, in plastic bins with lids. A soft towel/ micro fiber cloth separating one layer from another. And Pixie Dust. haha

8. cholula69

cholula69 Silver Supporting Member

I keep them stored on a shelf, in their original boxes, with some type of desiccant thrown in. I rotate a lot so I like my pedals easily accessible.

9. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

The pedals not on my board are at the moment on a shelf by my amps but I'm looking to pick up one of these to store them in the mancave:

[​IMG]

10. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I have some of those Plano shelves from Menard's.

[​IMG]

11. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I have 2 pedalboards, each with about 12 pedals. I have a few pedals that I am not using stored in a desk drawer in my music room. I really try to use what I have or to sell them if I am not.

12. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I was collecting, but I'm TRYING to unload stuff, now. :bong

13. Flaps45

Flaps45 Member

Put them on a pedal board. Nothing fancy, just some plywood and some wires. It is always good to have them handy. I had about 20 pedals stored, becuase they were a pain to take off boxes, closet, wire and stuff i never use them, i put them on a quick fix pedal board and now i have access to them in a second, i have been using pedals now that i never thought i would, dont sell your gear unless you have to. I have seen people buying the same stuff twice!

14. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

I simply place them back in their Original Box (or replacement box) and stack them in a small moving box, which are kept in a closet. I also keep an inventory....simply because my brain can't recall some 40+ pedals....LOL

15. CodeMonk

CodeMonk Member

Pedals I no longer use just end up scattered around my bedroom.

16. Blakemore Effects

Blakemore Effects Member

My roommate and I have a guitar room set up, and we just have pedals thrown all over the floor. I'd like to get a nicer organizational system, but I have trouble buying shelving or something, when I know I'm just gonna throw them back on the floor again anyway. Haha.

17. rollo greb

rollo greb Member

I'm planning on putting a second board together. But the rest I just pile in a box with a layer of bubble wrap in between. Some of the ones I use more often I keep out.

18. dewey decibel

dewey decibel Supporting Member

we eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of beer
    Most are in a laundry bin. Some that I use frequently but aren't on a board are out in various places.

19. waveydb

waveydb Supporting Member

I keep my spare pedals in a cedar closet protected by an alligator-filled moat, electric-fence and 2 attack cats!

20. walkthewalk

walkthewalk Silver Supporting Member

I keep all the pedals that are not on my board in used cigar boxes. The boxes are sturdy and can be easily stacked up in trunks or cases. As a bonus my pedals always smell great!