Question for folks with TONS of pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jb4674, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jb4674

jb4674 Member

Hi Guys and Gals,

Here's a question for those of you that own more than 20 or 30 pedals. How do you store all those pedals? Do you simply throw them in a plastic bin? Put them in their original boxes and then throw them in a plastic bin? Or do you simply stack them somewhere in a corner? Pictures are welcomed if you have them.

2. Jammer2393

Jammer2393 Member

(que that one guy with the refrigerator full)

3. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

if they arent on one of the 4 pedalboards I own, they are placed in a tupperwear bin...

4. Brian

Brian Member

Plastic milk crate,ortwo!:messedup

5. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

I usually have a couple boards wired up, and spare pedals on a another board ready to mix/match new stuff. Once I'm FOR SURE not interested for a lil while, they go in drawers with some silica packets (like come in new boxes) to help with any moisture.

But, 90% of the time, 90% of my pedals are out on my table in the music room.

6. onyxrhino

onyxrhino Member

I've got one large pedalboard I keep about a quarter of them on. The rest are strewn about my home office. Some on a bookshelf, some on my desk, some scattered on the floor. I really need to clean it up one of these days.

7. Catmouth

Catmouth Member

In their boxes where applicable, in plastic bins with lids. A soft towel/ micro fiber cloth separating one layer from another. And Pixie Dust. haha

8. cholula69

cholula69 Supporting Member

I keep them stored on a shelf, in their original boxes, with some type of desiccant thrown in. I rotate a lot so I like my pedals easily accessible.

9. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

The pedals not on my board are at the moment on a shelf by my amps but I'm looking to pick up one of these to store them in the mancave:

[​IMG]

10. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I have some of those Plano shelves from Menard's.

[​IMG]

11. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I have 2 pedalboards, each with about 12 pedals. I have a few pedals that I am not using stored in a desk drawer in my music room. I really try to use what I have or to sell them if I am not.

12. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

I was collecting, but I'm TRYING to unload stuff, now. :bong

13. Flaps45

Flaps45 Member

Put them on a pedal board. Nothing fancy, just some plywood and some wires. It is always good to have them handy. I had about 20 pedals stored, becuase they were a pain to take off boxes, closet, wire and stuff i never use them, i put them on a quick fix pedal board and now i have access to them in a second, i have been using pedals now that i never thought i would, dont sell your gear unless you have to. I have seen people buying the same stuff twice!

14. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

I simply place them back in their Original Box (or replacement box) and stack them in a small moving box, which are kept in a closet. I also keep an inventory....simply because my brain can't recall some 40+ pedals....LOL

15. CodeMonk

CodeMonk Member

Pedals I no longer use just end up scattered around my bedroom.

16. Blakemore Effects

Blakemore Effects Member

My roommate and I have a guitar room set up, and we just have pedals thrown all over the floor. I'd like to get a nicer organizational system, but I have trouble buying shelving or something, when I know I'm just gonna throw them back on the floor again anyway. Haha.

17. rollo greb

rollo greb Member

I'm planning on putting a second board together. But the rest I just pile in a box with a layer of bubble wrap in between. Some of the ones I use more often I keep out.

18. dewey decibel

dewey decibel Supporting Member

we eat a lot of cheese and drink a lot of beer
    Most are in a laundry bin. Some that I use frequently but aren't on a board are out in various places.

19. waveydb

waveydb Supporting Member

I keep my spare pedals in a cedar closet protected by an alligator-filled moat, electric-fence and 2 attack cats!

20. walkthewalk

walkthewalk Silver Supporting Member

I keep all the pedals that are not on my board in used cigar boxes. The boxes are sturdy and can be easily stacked up in trunks or cases. As a bonus my pedals always smell great!