Question for PedalTrain Pro Owners

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Johnny Raz, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Johnny Raz

Johnny Raz Member

Hi -

From the pictures on the web, the ATA case for the PedalTrain Pro seems very solid, and I love the fact that it has wheels, but....

Does the hard case have a telescoping handle so it's easy to pull to a gig in one hand while carrying your guitar in the other hand....

Thanks!

2. Johnny Raz

Johnny Raz Member

anyone out there, Bueller, Bueller?

3. Chadley

Chadley Member

The handle isn't telescoping but instead the normal flip-out style. It is easy to pull it while carrying your guitar though. I do it all the time.

4. James Knox

James Knox Member

I use one also - the flip handle works well and has a fat rubber surface to hold on to. The length of the PT Pro Hard Case would be too long to also add a telescoping handle. As for the PT2HC - stay tuned :dude

Peace,

James

5. Johnny Raz

Johnny Raz Member

Thanks Bluzbraker -- I appreciate the information.

I'm in the market for the "ultimate" pedalboard that I won't ever consider getting rid of, and it seems like I have 2 choices for production (non-custom) level boards with cases:

1. PedalTrain Pro w/ Hardshell case (has wheels and based on this thread, can be toted around pretty effectively)

2. Furman SPB-8C -- which has the power supply built in as well as a hardshell (plastic) case with built in wheels and telescoping handle. This piece of gear is only coming out and the only place I could find it stocked is Sweetwater --> http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SPB8Cs/

Decisions, decisions.......

6. Johnny Raz

Johnny Raz Member

So.... are you hinting that the PedalTrain 2's new hardcase design will include wheels and a telescoping handle....... When will this be a reality (if that is the reality you are hinting at...)

7. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

FWIW, I bought a PT Pro as my "ultimate" board, but eventually found it too big and unwieldy to transport easily to rehearsals and gigs. (Couldn't even fit it in my car, actually, with my guitars, amp and PA rig for gigs.) So, I simplified my pedal set up and went back to my PT2.

If you really need lots of pedals, though, and don't mind the colossal size of the HS case, I can see why people would opt for the PT Pro.

8. James Knox

James Knox Member

J Raz - we are working on a design that will be between the PT2 and the PT Pro, wheels, telescoping arm AND be able to slide in loaded UNDER the airlines 50 pound weight restriction. How soon? Unknown for now - but we won't release it 'till it's RIGHT :AOK

phoenix 7 - I am with you on size/weight of a fully loaded PT Pro! My "more is more" board is a PT Pro, but usually stays put at the venue I play on a regular basis. My "less is more" board is a PT Junior with a gig bag - perfect for grab n go.

9. sandman

sandman Member

It would be nice if it could take PP2 underneath by default.

10. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

My two sense....bought the PT Pro with hard case and unloaded the case because it way way too big and way too heavy! Contact Susan at Studio Slips and had a soft shell, double-padded case made for the board. A lot easier (and lighter) to get around with these days.

I also did the Voodoo Labs PP2+ mod on the bottom for the power supply which works awesome!

Now the flip side is that I'm starting to thin out my setup with pedals and thinking of down-sizing the the PT2.

So for what it's worth, go with the PT Pro is you really need the room but reconsider hard case versus soft case if having a healthy back means anything to you ;)

11. Tonekat

Tonekat Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly when I bought my PT Pro with soft case. I'm sure the other members of the band would be rolling their eyes seeing me struggle with a hard case every week.:rolleyes: As the other guitarist (who plays amplified acoustic) likes to say when I have a tech problem: "All that technology and see what it gets 'ya!".

12. billygoat

billygoat Member

I love my pedaltrain 2 softcase with a one spot mounted underneath. Maybe the best piece of gear I have ever purchased.

13. Seegs

Seegs Member

hows the protection factor and wear factor of the softcase vs. the hardcase?

I have as much invested in my pedals as in my amp which wasn't cheap:)

Chow,
    Seegs

14. StuBrew

StuBrew Member

Whats the VL PP2+ mod, im thinking of getting one for my Pedaltrain Pro and any extra info would be great! :)

15. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Here you go my friend! I'll send this link in a PM as well.

http://www.pedaltrain.com/voodoomount.pdf

16. jono007

jono007 Member

Hi Pedaltrain owners.
    I've got a PT Pro with Hardcase. I was wondering if anyone has a way of locking the case?

17. ford

ford Supporting Member

Is the bag really strong enough for a loaded PT Pro? Just wondering. I love the idea of the bag, but I worry sometimes. Also, can it be replaced if it wears out in a couple of years? Or can the hardcase be purchased separately late on?

rock

bford

18. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The Pro is plenty long and does not need a handle. I hauled one into tons of venues this summer and it wasn't much trouble to roll in. Lifting it was terrible though. It was about 80 pounds.

19. jono007

jono007 Member

the soft case is pretty tough. The hard case is great... I feel my pedals are really well protected. I think you can get the cases separately from PT.

But my question still remains... can you lock a PT Pro Hard case??