1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Question for RC Booster users ...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by David-R, Nov 9, 2005.

1. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

How do you use yours?

Always on?
    Solo boost?
    Beginning of chain?
    End of chain?
    Paperweight?

My signal chain is:
    Barber DDSS, Zendrive, TU-2, CM Chorus, DM-3, Digidelay into a Traynor YCV-series tube amp.

2. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

I leave mine on all the time and put it after other gain, wah, compression, filter, etc. pedals, but before my time based effects.

Volume: Just above unity
    Gain: Varies from 9:00 to full up depending on the music
    Treble: 12:00
    Bass: 2:00

3. Cap'n Fingers

Cap'n Fingers Member

T-Town. Home of street construction hell!
    I've just been messing around with mine for a week. So far I like it in front and on all the time. It gives the other pedals in the chain more Umph and increased sensitivity. I especially like sound of my T-rex Alberta, (Tube Screamer), with the RC in front of it.

4. Leonardo

Leonardo Member

Middle of te chain (after fuzz, wah and envelope filter, before chorus and delay). I use it to take the amp from crunch to distortion.
    Treble 9:00
    Bass at 12:00
    Volume 12:00 to 2:00
    Gain 2:00-5:00.

5. David-R

On all the time or just for a boost?

6. Unburst

Unburst Member

All of those except the paperweight.

Mostly I use it like a mini amp front panel at my feet.
    I'll set my amp to slight breakup and use the RC (almost always on) to adjust eq for different tones, add/cut some drive or boost a distortion pedal (BB Preamp).

Sometimes I'll use it after an OD so I can add some low end without it getting mushy.
    If I'm using a guitar that has unbalanced pups, so I can't get a good tone from both without tweaking the amp's controls, I'll set the RC to compensate for one of them and hit the pedal when I change pups.

Another thing I like to do with it is to set the amp to be pretty crunchy then set the RC for a volume cut
    This way I get a precise, instant vol. rolloff for clean tones with added eq.

7. Leonardo

Leonardo Member

Just for boost.

8. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

All but a paper weight. My favorite use is last in line as a solo boost; but I am fond of setting it up a little less hot and running it all the time with single coils too.

9. Gary Brennan

Gary Brennan Old cavorting member Gold Supporting Member

I've got it 1st after a '52 RI tele, on all the time, basically set flat and slightly boosted (vol, not gain) as a buffer. But when we play jazz standards/sambas/swing stuff (wedding band), I roll off it's highs and tweak the bottom for those tunes, rather than roll the tone pot on the guitar. This way the rig's overall volume stays the same. Fabulous pedal.

gb

10. David-R

Thanks everybody. I think I'm going to try it initially as a solo boost after my distortion/od pedals.