Question for Reinhardt Storm owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jjhaller, May 19, 2011.

1. jjhaller

jjhaller Supporting Member

I'm looking into possibly picking up a Storm. There isn't one locally to try, can anyone tell me how the clean tone is? Is there a good amount of clean headroom with humbuckers?

Thanks!

2. guitardad4

guitardad4 Member

Just noticed your post. I have had a Storm for a few years now. I have went through a lot of amps since then, but the Storm isn't going anywhere. It seems to always be the one I come back to after flirting with other amps! It has a great clean tone and can have a lot or very little headroom depending on how you have it set. With the power scaling off (if you are looking for one with it) and the gains set lower, there is tons of headroom, but to me where this amp really shines is at higher gain levels. Bob's voicing is killer, I have a few of his amps and all manage to have a great Marshall-like presence without the shrillness that I always had trouble overcoming with these kind of amps.