Question for Suhr lovers

Foxtrot

I've never owned a Suhr, but I can say the only thing I find I don't like is the price. They're, simply, fantastic guitars however you slice it.

GeLoFi

Silver Supporting Member
Fit and finish, especially the fret work. Oh yeah, and the guitars resonate like crazy. Great all around tone monsters, no one else gets close...

redgold

Silver Supporting Member
Everything is tight and precise, the fret work and setup make them play perfectly, the pickups sound great, any kind of finish and hardware option you could want, the necks are nice and stable and the customer service is second to none.

As for the price, compare it to a master built fender and even that looks pretty good.

bopplayer

For me it's about the feeling, the neck, the FL pickups, and buying american from a company that really cares. Also when i'm playing out kinda interesting people come up and often look at my headstock like: "what is that?" they like what they hear
and know it's good but unfamiliar with it. I often get those people coming up asking
about it.

stratman89

Silver Supporting Member
Suhr's craftsman is superb from the fit and finish to the overall playabilty. One of the most comfortable necks I've ever played....love the satin finish.

keith_t4e

I got an amp OD100 which was NOS. When I got it, I wasn't happy-------an old cercuit and I couldn't dial it in right. John Suhr sent me a new PT100. NEVER, EVER has ANYONE been so very kind when it comes to gear. I can't wait to purchase a Suhr Classic Fiesta Red rosewood board, six saddle bridge/tremolo, FL Standard pups with a slim C neck. Where else can you get one made to your specs.

Fuzzhead66

For me it's about the feeling, the neck, the FL pickups, and buying american from a company that really cares. Also when i'm playing out kinda interesting people come up and often look at my headstock like: "what is that?" they like what they hear
and know it's good but unfamiliar with it. I often get those people coming up asking
about it.
I thought you didn't dig the sound?
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/558898

suhrbrutal

I love mine, they are amazing. I really want a Guthrie Govan model, but with a Floyd. Wish I had more money.....:mob

screamtone

Silver Supporting Member
Fit and finish, especially the fret work. Oh yeah, and the guitars resonate like crazy. Great all around tone monsters, no one else gets close...
This.

My Suhr's are unbelievably in tune everywhere on the neck and there are absolutely no dead spots. Bend any string on any fret and it will ring like a bell. My Classic is the best sounding bolt-on guitar I've ever played.

Eagle1

Great designs built without compromise that represent unbeatable value for your money. The perfect blend on CNC and hand work .

mattmccloskey

Silver Supporting Member
Lots of things:

They will make the guitar you want- choice of any neck size and shape, frets, color, hardware,etc.

The execution is exceptional, tight neck joints, proper string alignment, level frets, smooth thin finishes, no boat anchors.

The electronics: Suhr makes my favorite pickups, and the SSC system is a massive leap in allowing no compromises.

Above all, the support. IF in the event that they miss a detail or something goes south on your instrument, they will do whatever it takes to fix it. Something was not quite perfect on an order I had once, and John immediately just started building a new guitar for me. You really can't get any better than that.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
Fit, Finish, Attention to detail, Playability, Neck, Fretwork, Spot-on set up out of the box, Pickup tone, SSC for my single coil Strat and P90 chambered Tele style, Customer Service - bears repeating - Attention to detail.

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
I agree with everyone. I have my third Suhr on order. It will be my second Antique. I know when I flip the latches on the case and open the lid - EVERYTHING will be perfect. It will need nothing out of the box. To mirror what others have said.

The playability is unbelievable. The setup and fretwork is fabulous. And with the SS frets it plays effortlessly.

I especially agree with Matt. John's pickups, electronics along with his SSC system is no a no compromise strat tone.

Working in manufacting myself, I like to support an American company that stands behind their products.

mattmccloskey

Silver Supporting Member
another point- the pricing is actually very reasonable.

For example, the pro series guitars are available in more and more colors and configurations, and soon there will be classic and classic T pro series. These guitars are top of the line quality and can be bought for under 2k dollars brand new. That is an exceptional value.

Even the custom builds, although not inexpensive, are a good value considering they are all totally custom ordered masterbuilt guitars. If you, like myself, prefer the classic solid colors and simple woods (alder, ash, plain maple) and straight forward cosmetics, a custom classic or T can be purchased for around 2200 street. A basic T with case lists for about 3200. Subtract 30 percent from a good dealer and there you go. Not bad IMO.

Trending Topics