Question For the Delay Junkies

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ken, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Ken

Ken Member

Does anyone know if there is anything new coming out soon or that is in the works that will have the flexibility that units like the DL4 and the Boss DD-20 offer?

I would really like a delay that allows you to set up different presets for flexibility. In my searches, I have only come across these two pedals and I am leaning hard towards the DD-20.

So before I go ahead and purchase the DD-20, I just wanted to check with all the knowledgeable delay junkies on here first.

Thanks

2. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Supporting Member

I've tried MANY delays.. that DD-20 is hard to beat really.. I had one I think I paid 179 at Sam ash.. WAY better than the DL4 I had at one time..
    I'd still be using it but the amp I use is so DAMNED picky to what's in front of it that I got a slight high pitched hum from the unit.( this same amp doesn't get along with my brand new TTE as well,ARRGGG). My other amps though , worked fine with it.. Great unit, sounded bigger than the DL4 and seemed to be able to handle the hit from a OD or fuzzer very well. For the price there's no way to beat it for flexability,, has a great loop function and the "backwards" effect can be a real hoot.. Impressive pedal.

3. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

maybe we'll see Boss release a pedal version of the DD-20...a DD-7 like they did with the Looper. The DD-6 is ripe for a replacment with longer delay and selectable tones...

4. xroads

xroads Member

Just when I convinced myself buying a DD20 although it takes a lot of space.

5. hw2nw

hw2nw Member

You can't beat the flexibility and live usability of the DL4. Hate to admit it, but now it's my go-to delay for live work.

6. Ken

Ken Member

I just can't see getting the DL4...after reading all the mixed reviews online about the quality issues of the DL4, I guess for my own peace of mind, the DD-20 would be a better fit for me...

I know many people have not experienced Quality issues, but many people do...

179.00 seems like the best price right now, that I have found...

7. giggedy

giggedy Member

+1 dd-20, all the way

8. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

no complaints with my dd-20!

9. Jarick

Jarick Supporting Member

I guess if I needed a bunch of tones and tap, I'd go DD-20. Although the DL-4 is more fun, it's got a pretty bad rep and I don't like the 100% digital signal.

After borrowing a few delays, I found I never used tap and only needed one tone, so I just have the old single delay going.

10. theanalogfuture

theanalogfuture Member

I'd try out the Echolution...see how it is. It has a lot of the features.

But over the weekend I did try out a DD20 at *gasp* Guitar Center, and enjoyed it thorughly

11. Dendog

Dendog Member

I am also looking seriously at the DD20 so it is interesting that earlier today I asked that same question to a friend who is the regional rep for Roland. He told me that he was unaware of any other Boss delay in the works that would replace the DD20.

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Im surprised to see not even one person praise the DL4 or recommend it. Its such a great unti I think (mainly for gigs) and I havent had any problems with mine at all!

Of course the first one I ever bought was dead right out of the box...shhhh