1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Question for you guys that own a Pedal Train 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by StompBoxBlues, Jan 25, 2006.

1. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I was really wondering, if you had a wah, 4 Boss sized pedals, one Mojovibe, and 2 Visual Sound (the baseball-diamond shaped pedals...kinda large) would they all fit nicely on a pedaltrain 2 board?

If so, is there also room for a volume pedal (Ernie Ball)?

Also, I really can't tell for sure, is the pedaltrain 2 (or any of them) raised at all at an angle...with the back higher than the front? If it is, is there room underneath to attach a Voodoo, or Big-John style 7 gang pedal power supply so it is out of the way?

Are pedals all tie-wrapped, or velcroed? If velcro, is it the hook side on the pedal board or the loop side? Or do you attach it yourself?

Any other things I should be aware of? I am thinking about buying one of the packages with the case as well.

Thanks! If you can only answer a few of the questions, but I really need (in the end) all of them answered!

Thanks in advance!

2. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

3. tfire

tfire Member

I think you'll struggle to get all that on a Pedaltrain 2. A Pro might be better. But why not find the dimensions from the Pedaltrain site and do a layout on a piece of card or paper?

You won't fit a VL PP under a Pedaltrain 2, but it will go under the Pro, with a bit of work. See here:
    http://tfire.fotopic.net/c492260.html

There are photos on the Pedaltrain site that show the tilt angle.

4. stephenT

stephenT Silver Supporting Member

the velcro comes uninstalled, you choose the hook or loop side yourself.

5. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Thanks, I assume then that is the case on all models. Cool!

Know about the clearance situation underneath, if there is room enough for a Big-John (seems to be same size about as Voodoo power) underneath?

6. threm

threm Member

The Pedaltrain 2 board is

24" x 12.5" x 2"
    or about
    61 x 32 x 5.1 cm

I would just cut out a similar sized piece of cardboard and try it out.

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Thanks, will do. One thing though...that 5 cm height...is that at the highest point, at the back of the board? I see that the board is tilted, so does that mean there is 5 cm (or 2") clearance under it, or would I have to also take into account the thickness of the slats on the board?

8. tfire

tfire Member

Yes. A bit less cutting needed because the Big John is a little smaller, but thre's really not much in it. As I said, forget about this on the Pedaltrain 2, you'll only be able to get it to fit on the Pro.

9. threm

threm Member

The 5 cm clearance will only be on the front side, from there it`s gradually tilted down to no clearance at all. Btw I have the Pro model (having a 3" = 7.5 cm clearance).

There`s a thread with pictures on how to fit the PPII underneath a Pro board;
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=80643&highlight=threm