Question--how clean is the Barber LTD?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brewbaker, May 3, 2008.

1. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

Or, can you get a perfectly clean sound out of it with the gain turned all the way down or is there still some hair on it?

2. Jam119

Jam119 Member

My LTD SR mod Board is clean.... It can be a great leave on all the time pedal that fattens your tone...

3. reddog112

reddog112 Member

I have the Silver and it is clean as you need it to be....I leave my volume at 1 oclock and the gain at 9 and it just fattens up the tone and I use the guitar volume....transparent and tight

4. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

Another suggestion with Barber: If you want an absolutely totally clean boost, look into the Launch Pad. It's a amazing pedal.

5. fuzz_factor

fuzz_factor Supporting Member

Same thing with my black v1. Especially with single coils.

6. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

:drink

7. plan-x

plan-x Supporting Member

The LTD's can go completely clean. Also the gain range is very subtle so hair can be done in many shades. One of the best low gainers available. But not totally transparent. There is a mid hump on them. A mod from barber will give an additional mid pot internally that will get it closer to transparency. A stock LTD SR is close. Add the mod and lower the mids you'll wonder what the heck, this sounds like my amp. So I use the controls on my LTD SR to fatten my sound with hair so it's better than my amp. The mid hump is there for a reason. It helps put the tone in a sweet spot. I like to leave some mids on my other LTD(v1 mod) cause it sounds sweet and cuts better. Get one and if you want less mids, then send it in for the mod.

8. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

The LTD can go completly clean. It changes your EQ a little bit (I've got a black v1), but in a good way. It adds a *very* slight compression that is sweet.

The LTD is one of the best box I ever bought: I find so many ways to use it!

9. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

it was too mild for my taste,from no hair to very little hair.

10. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

It depends a lot on your guitar output... with low output PUs it can get extremely clean - with high output it can get fairly dirty. There are several versions o the pedal with differing tonal bases.

Best to contact Barber Electronics for the scoop, if in doubt.... Or, do searches here on Barber for ton of reviews. I think the Silver or the SR will be the most transparent for you...